Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I need some help and suggestion. I have a UK Model X with Homelink and wanted to automate my garage door with it. Since my electric garage door didn't had any Homelink compatibility, I got this device which claimed to add Homelink to any garage door. Now that I have installed it, I can't get the car to pair with it. I have followed the process in the car but can't seem to recognize the remote. Does anyone know what is going on here? Amazon.ae

Hello. I need some help and suggestion. I have a UK Model X with Homelink and wanted to automate my garage door with it. Since my electric garage door didn't had any Homelink compatibility, I got this device which claimed to add Homelink to any garage door. Now that I have installed it, I can't get the car to pair with it. I have followed the process in the car but can't seem to recognize the remote. Does anyone know what is going on here? Amazon.ae
Can anyone please help me with this?

I had a remote. This just added another remote to my garage. Yes I can operate it from the new and old remote. New remote that I just added should have homelink.
So I assume you are saying neither remote is being accepted by the Tesla homelink programming procedure? Make sure you are close to where the front reg plate is. Are you using the "standard" mode - no learn button on your opener?

So I assume you are saying neither remote is being accepted by the Tesla homelink programming procedure? Make sure you are close to where the front reg plate is. Are you using the "standard" mode - no learn button on your opener?
The original remote was non homelink. The Aleko LM137 adds homelink so I’m using that to pair with car and it doesn’t work. I have tried all kinds of position near bumper to make it detect it but it doesn’t. Yes I’m using standard mode. The opener has learn button but it’s apparently for learning and pairing the physical remote to gate opener.

Is there any chance it’s not working because I have UK car and I bought a US homelink gate opener? Are frequencies different?

The original remote was non homelink. The Aleko LM137 adds homelink so I’m using that to pair with car and it doesn’t work. I have tried all kinds of position near bumper to make it detect it but it doesn’t. Yes I’m using standard mode. The opener has learn button but it’s apparently for learning and pairing the physical remote to gate opener.

Is there any chance it’s not working because I have UK car and I bought a US homelink gate opener? Are frequencies different?
Hmm. Its my understanding that UK/EU homelink devices run ~433Hz and US devices run lower, but the Tesla transmitter should be able to cover both. Do you have another UK opener / remote you can try? You could also just send Tesla a service request whith this question about the frequency range in the app and they may come back with a definitive answer.

Reactions: taimurasad