Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink - UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My homelink was installed this morning, took a total of 30 mins via mobile service but he didn't have the software update cable so has to come back next week to let the car know it has it now. Apparently they can no longer be done without the cable to update the car

Software reinstall?

upload_2020-11-21_18-28-42.png

• Love
Reactions: Irata
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Mobile engineer turned up this morning and updated the software and now it works!

Also was very surprised that it was compatible directly with my garage remote! :D:D:D
Annoyingly I have a separate button for opening and closing so need to program them separately unless anyone has any ideas as to how I could get it to do both?

Reactions: CMc1 and MrBadger
So did you point the remote at the car and learn from that in standard mode, or use the UR etc option and set the wall box into some pairing mode?

Can you post a pic of your wall box as iirc you earlier said that it looked similar to some instructions that I posted.

So did you point the remote at the car and learn from that in standard mode, or use the UR etc option and set the wall box into some pairing mode?

Can you post a pic of your wall box as iirc you earlier said that it looked similar to some instructions that I posted.

It's a neco roller door unit.
Actually has a learning button inside as well but just used my remote fob button to learn.
The remote fob has 4 buttons on it:
Open
Close
Stop
Alarm
Used standard mode but not sure if the others will make a difference?

• Informative
Thanks. Ours isn't Neco, but there are several that all just look rebadged - I think ours are SWS SWA but I think the control unit manufacturers don't exist any more. Unfortunately ours does not recognise the fob and when I tried the instructions that I posted (not exact make but looked identical) the program via fob button didn't put the unit in the stated state. I think it has an internal program button too but not looked yet - I'm more concerned with ending up with a unit with no working remotes.

Last edited:
Thanks. Ours isn't Neco, but there are several that all just look rebadged - I think ours is SWA but I think the control unit manufacturers don't exist any more. Unfortunately ours does not recognise the fob and when I tried the instructions that I posted (not exact make but looked identical) the program via fob button didn't put the unit in the stated state. I think it has an internal program button too but not looked yet - I'm more concerned with ending up with a unit with no working remotes.

You could buy a neco unit and try that? They're quite cheap about £40 on Amazon

I thought about swapping control unit but ruled it out as there are several end point settings that need to be set otherwise the door will either stop short or overrun at each end. Ours are set spot on at present and I would much rather pay a little extra for the universal receiver (or wait to see what other rumoured options come up with) than upsetting those end stops - especially with the consequences of getting them wrong - after some idiot left a ladder in the way of the door its not something I want to witness again :oops: So one for the professionals.

Last edited:
I think thats what we have, again no cigar. Have you tried just programming with the remote or additional step of putting the control box in special mode?
I tried programming with the remote, the lights flashed and homelink thinks it’s working in the car, but the door doesn’t open/close.
How do you put the control box in special mode?
I phoned SWS and their technician said that a universal receiver connected to the spare (a and b?) connectors should work, but he had never heard of homelink so couldn’t confirm.

I tried programming with the remote, the lights flashed and homelink thinks it’s working in the car, but the door doesn’t open/close.
How do you put the control box in special mode?

Thanks. I don't even get the car to recognise either remote. I put new batteries in a few years back so don't think they will help.

I had the unit open for another reason about a year ago and there were a couple of internal buttons (see photo). According to an instruction/installation booklet I found (and posted on here) for a similar looking unit, there are some internal options to add a new fob. I tried the option to add a fob from another fob, but that didn't behave as described, so even though mine looks pretty much identical, its behaviour is not.

upload_2020-11-30_18-59-31.png

Thanks. I don't even get the car to recognise either remote. I put new batteries in a few years back so don't think they will help.

I had the unit open for another reason about a year ago and there were a couple of internal buttons (see photo). According to an instruction/installation booklet I found (and posted on here) for a similar looking unit, there are some internal options to add a new fob. I tried the option to add a fob from another fob, but that didn't behave as described, so even though mine looks pretty much identical, its behaviour is not.

View attachment 613161

This is what mine looks like if anyone is interested.
Tried the other 2 options (D mode and UR mode) pressing the button inside the black box. The car recognised the signal but couldn't open/close or do anything. Have just left it on standard mode learning from my wireless fob with 2 separate garages listed in the car. One to open the garage door and another to close it. Fob still works as well

Attachments

• IMG_20201130_190011.jpg
    IMG_20201130_190011.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
  • Informative
Yep. Almost exactly like mine except its a light grey and there is a single 3-state button at the bottom - open, pause, close. Remote has these as 4 buttons, open, pause, close plus a grey one which I thought was program but doesn't act as such. Looks like yours had 3 buttons at the bottom.

I need to go back and look at the instructions that I posted to see if it resembles the insides of mine. But I'm concerned that I will end up either overwriting the end stops, or deleting the remotes.