Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
garage auto opens...won’t auto close...using lift master. Also I get message on car stating delayed opening in 5 ft. Set for open...close at 10 ft

Close when existing garage? It doesn't close after entering garage.

I think that you probably need to reset the position. Park outside of the garage and reset the position. You may also try a little further away, if the first results aren't suitable.

I finally got the courage to try autoclose. Not very reliable for me. While my auto open works 100% of the time, auto close is about 33%. Maybe because the car doesn't have good GPS lock when first woken and in the garage? When it works The GUI shows that the auto close will happen in xx ft, but it just never pops up 2/3rds of the time. I have reset my location to no avail. Advice? Anyone else see this?

I finally got the courage to try autoclose. Not very reliable for me. While my auto open works 100% of the time, auto close is about 33%. Maybe because the car doesn't have good GPS lock when first woken and in the garage? When it works The GUI shows that the auto close will happen in xx ft, but it just never pops up 2/3rds of the time. I have reset my location to no avail. Advice? Anyone else see this?

Same....auto open 100%.....auto close 20-30%.....garbage....can’t figure out why it’s so unreliable. Let me know if you find the answer....

Ski

Do you reverse before parking to make little adjustments after you enter your garage? For example, pulling in to the garage a little too far so you back up just an inch or two before putting it into park? Someone in another thread pointed out that auto-close will not work the next time if you do this. I was going crazy for a year thinking there was a GPS issue with auto-close and had reset the location more times can I remember. Since reading that a couple of months ago, I've made sure to just park and not to reverse my car after pulling into the garage. Now auto-close works 100% of the time. Sure enough, if I reverse just a touch after pulling into the garage, the next time auto-close won't work.

Do you reverse before parking to make little adjustments after you enter your garage? For example, pulling in to the garage a little too far so you back up just an inch or two before putting it into park? Someone in another thread pointed out that auto-close will not work the next time if you do this. I was going crazy for a year thinking there was a GPS issue with auto-close and had reset the location more times can I remember. Since reading that a couple of months ago, I've made sure to just park and not to reverse my car after pulling into the garage. Now auto-close works 100% of the time. Sure enough, if I reverse just a touch after pulling into the garage, the next time auto-close won't work.
Very interesting. Yes, I often backup a couple inches.....will have to try this theory! I'll post my findings. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: SDKoala