Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hope your batteries stay full in the NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like you all are getting lots of snow!

It is nice and sunny here in Fort Worth, and 45 degrees.

I’ll take 4 seasons over frying in the south any day. Gorgeous winter here in the northeast.

52749005505_7a8a244c93_h_d.jpg

The 30" of snow was wet and heavy in Deering, NH. Just enough to take down a lot of trees. 21 times the power dropped from voltage issues caused by limbs hitting the lines. The Powerwalls(4) backed up 2 hours during the storm until the 22nd outage that was caused by lines down. The Powerwall system has been running everything since 3pm yesterday.

This morning 57% battery left. I could not wade thru the snow to clear the solar. The snow was just too deep to move in. Luckily more than half of the panels self cleared by 10 am so we are charging up to 70% now.

The forecast improves over the next few days. Should be all set until they get around to restoring the power.

Attachments

• 3.14.23 snow a.jpg
    3.14.23 snow a.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.14.23 snow b.jpg
    3.14.23 snow b.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 81
  • quad powewalls.jpg
    quad powewalls.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 79
The 30" of snow was wet and heavy in Deering, NH. Just enough to take down a lot of trees. 21 times the power dropped from voltage issues caused by limbs hitting the lines. The Powerwalls(4) backed up 2 hours during the storm until the 22nd outage that was caused by lines down. The Powerwall system has been running everything since 3pm yesterday.

This morning 57% battery left. I could not wade thru the snow to clear the solar. The snow was just too deep to move in. Luckily more than half of the panels self cleared by 10 am so we are charging up to 70% now.

The forecast improves over the next few days. Should be all set until they get around to restoring the power.
Wow! Those pictures are crazy.

Exactly 45 feet of head 300 feet of 4" HDPE penstock pipe. The turbine can hit 400 watts but the screen at the inlet tend to clog with 4 nozzles turned on so I run it with 3. So I get 250 watts that way. Its is a seasonal brook that tends to dry up in the summer. But it runs in the fall to the summer.

There is a lot going on in Powerwall picture. To right I see lead acid batteries, to the left perhaps enphase envoy, four power meters, gateway, and inverter.
If you drain the acid and store it separately you can keep the lead acid batteries indefinitely.

Good eye CrazyRabbit.
The lead acid batteries were from the Outback grid tie battery backup system I originally built.
In the lower grey box are two Enphase Envoy units. One for the 33 M series inverters and one for the 25 Q series inverters.
I purchased some used panels with Enphase inverters and fell in love with them. That started the transition from a DC system to an AC coupled Tesla system.
The top blue box is an inverter with a dump controller and dump load tied to my micro hydro dc generator.
The 4 powers meters when you are on a roll why not. They give me the output from the Hydro, solar on barn, solar on woodshed, and solar over the sawmill.
Then the gateway 1 main breaker panel and the solar input panel.
Everything self installed.