Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horribly slow account transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used Model S through a private party earlier this month and did a customer service transfer on 9/12 (same day I also cancelled my M3 reservation). This is so I could access the car thru the app, etc. They told me it shouldn't be a issue and it should take 48-72 hours. I've been calling them ever since weekly to figure out what the heck is going on, they keep reassuring me I'm in the queue. I called again this past week and 'escalated' it to the supervisor and they just didn't budge and said there's no way to expedite the process. My account is still showing my M3 and no MS, as a matter of fact I got a text asking if I'd be available to take delivery this weekend :confused:.

Any piece of advice on how the hell to get this done quicker? Should I hit up a store and talk to manager or is that just futile?

TIA

This is the end of the quarter and they are trying to deliver more cars than ever before. They have engineers delivering cars in California. Unfortunately a lot of details are probably going to be delayed until October.

Is this still an issue in North America?

I can tell you that account transfers are still incredibly slow in Europe. I sold my car one month ago exactly today. I can still remote control, view, open it through the app. Have been emailing Tesla many times about this now and they don't seem to care. The new owner has requested access to the car too of course, but cannot use the app yet.

This is a total embarrassment for Tesla. Not only is it very insecure and an invasion of privacy for the new owner - it's also just simply bad service.

Another Tesla service that has not kept up with customer numbers increasing.
I went through the same thing (took about 5 weeks), Emailing them for help to get it transferred is a waste of time even though this is what you are told to do. I sent all the info they asked for three times and still it never got transferred. Luckily my local service centre was able to speed up the process once I went direct to them and explained what had been happening, when they got involved it was done within days.