TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hotel in Monterey CA with EV charger

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by sonysw, Dec 5, 2013.

1. sonysw

sonysw Member

Any advice of hotel in Monterey/Carmel area with charger ? I greatly appreciate your input. Thanks.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

From Recargo:

Clement Hotel Parking Garage

700 Wave Street
    Monterey, CA 93940
    Full Details
    Type Availablility

2 Total ChargePoint Network

2 Total ChargePoint Network

3. sonysw

sonysw Member

Thank you for the quick response. I was in between staying at Monterey or Carmel area.

4. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

There is a parking lot in downtown Carmel with a Blink charger.

5. mrman3k

mrman3k Member

Carmel Valley Ranch has a Chargepoint station

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Stayed at the Clement hotel a few months ago (because of the charging stations) - GREAT hotel, highly recommended and both charging stations were operational.

7. sonysw

sonysw Member

thanks for your help. I think may just charge periodically at downtown carmel with blink charger after top charge at Gillroy supercharger. I hope this is enough.

8. SBerg

SBerg Member

Reviving old thread - going to Monterey in a few weeks and taking the MS. Staying at the Marriott and see there are chargers at a public garage nearby but the chargers are listed as "1 SP, 1 AVCON and 1 conductive." Anyone know if these will work with a Tesla?

9. TurboFroggy

TurboFroggy Member

We stayed at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa in Monterey last month. They have valet charging via 4 SemaConnect ChargePro's in their private valet parking garage. The first night they plugged me in ok but the EVSE wasn't working. I was able to tell via my Tesla app. I contacted the valet and we walked down to the garage to figure out what was happening. I moved the connection to the next ChargePro over and it worked fine. They valets had done it right but the one EVSE just wasn't working properly. Called in a trouble ticket to Sema Connect that day so they should be all working. It is a very nice hotel, not cheap though, I do recommend.

10. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

The Hyatt where the TMC conference was this summer has HPWCs from then.

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

What kind of plug and charging standard does SemaConnect provide? I went to their website and couldn't find that information, which seemed odd.

Is SemaConnect J1772? The Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula has several SemaConnect chargers that I might want to use in the future, I work there occasionally.