Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels with non Tesla EV chargers in Portland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be staying in Portland from May 31 to June 2, and we're staying in an AirBNB, as we always do, so I'll also be figuring out charging a little bit while we're there. Fortunately, Plugshare does show a LOT of the parking garages in the downtown area have car charging stations in them. Make sure to check on Plugshare what brand of network they are in and get the necessary accounts/cards set up beforehand. It seems to be mostly Blink, with some Semacharge and OpConnect. Some may be able to use Pay with Plugshare through the mobile app without having an account or card, but maybe not.

I would only need to take my car downtown and let it charge one day probably, and we could bus to/from downtown on another day. My other charging opportunity is not near downtown, but there is a Fred Meyer with charging across the street from the Hawthorne theater where we are seeing a concert.

The public transportation within the Portland core is very good. The light rail is well laid out and is free within the downtown core. It's pretty reasonable outside downtown too. If we have something to go to in downtown we have parked the car near the airport Max station and rode Max into downtown.

It would be easy to put your car on a charger somewhere and take Max where ever you want to go sightseeing. Just a quick look on plugshare there are 3 chargers at the Ikea at Cascade station, which is a Max stop. If you search around you might even be able to find something free.

There are 42 free chargers at the long term parking for the airport (across the airport access road from Cascade Station), but you will have to pay a day's parking, which I think is $10. There is no time limit for parking on these chargers as they are intended for people who are on trips.