Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not true i ordered 3/11. my EDD changed once a few weeks back (details in my signature), but hasn't been pushed back or up since. holding strong
I ordered 3/18 and when ordering it said may 2022, after placing the order not long after it went to mid june to end of july. a few days later it went back back to may22- june 26 and hasn't changed at all since then. I contacted my local dealer and they confirmed that date was correct.

The truth is, at the "dealer" they don't know much more than us. They read the same dates....every now and then they probably get notifications of cars incoming from the factory and they are able to leak something, I think they truly don't know how to deal with the demand

Reactions: JDL@h
North Houston location here👋 I ordered a MYLR7 mid-March then promptly upgraded to MYP on 4/4 after test driving/confirming that the kids all fit comfortably in the second row. My EDD has held at may 27 - july 1 so I'm cautiously hoping to be part of the end-of-quarter push but managing expectations. I look forward to hearing about the delivery process for those of you taking delivery soon.

Looks like you waited a while to get your Y Performance? How is your Model Y by the way? Did you find any issues at delivery date, like panel gaps?
Delivery was pushed a few times and I think the tow hitch option added a few weeks to my delivery. A few friends with later order dates got their MY before I did.

I was given VIN 1 month before date on app and was given only a 3 day window to take delivery. I think it was them pushing hard at quarter end (3/31) to get numbers. It must have been a batch of White Ys manufactured as all the vehicles I saw at Westchase on my delivery day were 90% white exterior Ys.

Overall fit and finish were well above my expectations after having seen 3 other deliveries in my family within the last year. Mine was the best by far in terms of paint finish and panel and glass alignment. 700 miles in and no complaints yet.
Xpel Prime XR Plus
70 Windshield
30 front passengers
55 rear passengers and rear glass
45 roof
Xpel Ultimate Plus front bumper, lights, mirrors

Attachments

• EB7F3E48-3D0A-4AB9-984B-4A783B5D9023.jpeg
    EB7F3E48-3D0A-4AB9-984B-4A783B5D9023.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Jones1
Delivery was pushed a few times and I think the tow hitch option added a few weeks to my delivery. A few friends with later order dates got their MY before I did.

I was given VIN 1 month before date on app and was given only a 3 day window to take delivery. I think it was them pushing hard at quarter end (3/31) to get numbers. It must have been a batch of White Ys manufactured as all the vehicles I saw at Westchase on my delivery day were 90% white exterior Ys.

Overall fit and finish were well above my expectations after having seen 3 other deliveries in my family within the last year. Mine was the best by far in terms of paint finish and panel and glass alignment. 700 miles in and no complaints yet.
Xpel Prime XR Plus
70 Windshield
30 front passengers
55 rear passengers and rear glass
45 roof
Xpel Ultimate Plus front bumper, lights, mirrors
Congratulation. Looks Amazing. That’s my exact spec. I can’t wait. Literally. 😆 What location or company did you tint? I’m in Atascocita. I was thinking about using Tint World.

Last edited:
Congratulation. Looks Amazing. That’s my exact spec. I can’t wait. Literally. 😆 What location or company did you tint? I’m in Atascocita. I was thinking about using Tint World.
John Gray at Gulf Coast Autoshield for the Xpel. I've know him for nearly 20 years and he and his shop are as professional as they come.
They are a Feyn Lab dealer as well so if you want to spend the $$$ this is the place to get it.
David Sotelo is doing the ceramic coating (Adams Graphene Advanced) as he is the best bang for the buck and has taken care of all my other vehicles before.

Reactions: youngsta and Jones1
May I ask how much was the tint and how did you chose those grades? I have never had to apply tint to a car, always bought vehicles already tinted.
I tint primarily for heat rejection and aesthetics. Some people have different goals.
Windshield is technically illegal so you go light as possible 70% light transmittance is commonly found. Some mfgs offer 80 or 90% but at 70% you would be hard pressed to know it is tinted, Even though its "light" colored (nearly clear) the ceramic rejects 49% to total solar energy

On the Y, like most all SUVS the rear passenger windows and the back window are privacy glass. Privacy glass is not tinted (film) but rather dark glass. it blocks light but not much heat causing energy. If you tint the privacy glass it gets darker.
I place darker tint on the front passenger windows and lighter tint on the privacy glass so they would match up better. The only way to get them near identical is 20% front passengers and 70% the privacy glass, but 20% for front passengers is illegal in most states (I think TX is 25% limit) and you could be ticketed for it if the cop has a meter and checks.

Tinting the roof is controversial so I won't recommend one way or the other but I've been doing it on every panoramic sunroof Ive ever owned

Also my interior is white so the 30% looks like 35% on a car with a black interior in my opinion.

Note: any tint a dealer is installing is garbage dyed film that is only blocking some light and very little heat. Dealership is paying those guys peanuts to do it as fast and cheap as they can. Also any film as only as good as the competent installer. Windshields are tricky

Tints I like: Spectra Photosync IRD, Xpel XR+ or XR, 3M Crystalline (not ceramic but works as well)

Reactions: Jones1