Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Yea it looks good but it's a "protect your seats", I need to protect ME from the seats...that cover is probably as hot as the seat, waterproof non breathable... :(
I was born here. So I’m use to the Texas heat. I checked some reviews. One person said it wicks the sweat. I don’t even know what it means. 😆
1654781183971.png

Texas question. Since our laws are all complex and because we have to pay taxes to the office, at what point in the delivery or post delivery process do I need to do that. Final check has been sent to Tesla I financed the tax portion as well (assuming it’s 6.25%) which is mailed to me as well. What is the process do I need to pay before or after registering the vehicle ? Thanks

Texas question. Since our laws are all complex and because we have to pay taxes to the office, at what point in the delivery or post delivery process do I need to do that. Final check has been sent to Tesla I financed the tax portion as well (assuming it’s 6.25%) which is mailed to me as well. What is the process do I need to pay before or after registering the vehicle ? Thanks
Tesla will mail to you a package, you will find what you need there along side the Inspection report that is usually in the glove box / passenger seat at delivery.
With that you go to TAX office ( in my case Fort Bent has no appointment required, while Harris County does), and you pay.

For the check issued to you, go ahead and deposit to your bank, cause the check was written to your name, then when you go to court, you just need to write a check to pay for the sale tax.

I was looking at those but am confused since they require membership 🤔
You just need to donate $10 to charity on DCU as the “membership” it’s relatively simple. DCU has been a very seamless and painless process thus far. Quick as well

After receiving my VIN I uploaded the MVPA, finalized loan and e-signed docs within an hour. Two Checks were mailed later that day.

Is it possible to finance Taxes part thru Tesla as well?
I think it’s s better not to finance the taxes. If you can pay the taxes separately. It sucks to hand over the money up front. But you save in the long term. Tesla financing used BMO Harris for my loan. It’s 3.24% but since I paid taxes separately. I’m not paying interest on the taxes.

Yesterday I had the Glassparency treatment done to all my glasses. It's freaking CHEAP (100 USD), Gulf Coast Auto Shield did it for me, it comes with 3 years Warranty and to my understanding I will need to maintain the coating with Wipes every 3/4 months. I am not sure if the company is sending me the wipes (like they told me) and if this is going to be a subscription. I will call the today to find out, anyone has done this ?

Reactions: ILMMYP and Jones1