Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Texted my SA to ask if my car would have Pirelli or Michelin. He said all Performance models come with Pirelli but we won’t know until it arrives. I suspect he might be misinformed.

I thought once the car is built and shipped, they could look up the specs… 🤔

I‘ve been looking for a Black Matte License plate frame. That will fit the back of the MYP. That wont block the License plate writing.
I just ordered this. If anyone is looking.

PSA - sentry mode
Just for everyone's awareness, sentry mode is not turned on by default. I found this out because I picked up my car on Wednesday night and on Thursday morning at work someone already dinged my driver side passenger door and knew they did it (could see finger print smudges over the scratches) without leaving a note. When I went to see what happened with sentry mode I realized it wasn't activated yet. Didn't even make it 24 hours without a scratch and my previous car of 6 years never had a single door scratch on it :(
Hoping to get it fixed on my scheduled service appointment, but urge you guys to turn that on immediately
Got to park away from the crowd. Instincts drive us to get the closest spot to the door but for sanity sakes and prevent these dings just park as far away as you can stand.

Ok so, first driveway wash and reflections show off..
I don't know if you guys use Optimum No Rinse, but ever since I tried it I am blown away. This is the result of a 30 minutes wash, one bucket, one sponge one drying towel.

PXL_20220612_155003024.jpg

$10 for a pair
Silicone, thin bezel

Aujen Silicone License Plate Frames,2 Pack Black Side-Opening License Bracket Holder with Easy Installation, License Plate Cover Without Obstruction.Rustproof, Rattle Proof & Weatherproof Universal https://a.co/d/btM2R99
Amazon has these for only $5 right now just click the coupon box for $5 off!!!

Attachments

• FC204263-1F5F-4038-98CF-6C99FEF99D8E.jpeg
    FC204263-1F5F-4038-98CF-6C99FEF99D8E.jpeg
    689.5 KB · Views: 44
36035BFC-97CE-43C4-A419-3455127BB6FB.jpeg

So far there's only been one "must have" accessory that I've purchased (and much like a lot of the folks here, my Amazon account was constantly seeing tesla related purchases...).
Having driven a manual for the past 10+ years, found it hard to use just the center display for speed. Found this heads up display on Amazon for ~$40 which took about 5 minutes to install and makes the car practically perfect. Highly recommend, granted I don't know the long term reliability since I've only used it since Thursday.

BASENOR Tesla Model Y Model 3... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097HQDMRP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

View attachment 815879
So far there's only been one "must have" accessory that I've purchased (and much like a lot of the folks here, my Amazon account was constantly seeing tesla related purchases...).
Having driven a manual for the past 10+ years, found it hard to use just the center display for speed. Found this heads up display on Amazon for ~$40 which took about 5 minutes to install and makes the car practically perfect. Highly recommend, granted I don't know the long term reliability since I've only used it since Thursday.

BASENOR Tesla Model Y Model 3... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097HQDMRP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I'll post a follow-up with all 20+ accessories I've purchased and pro's / cons to each

View attachment 815879

Can you elaborate on how this works? Why such low reviews on Amazon ??

View attachment 815879

Nice. Good price too. I was using the Sexy buttons app. They have a cluster gauge in the app. I was thinking I would be like you. That it would take a long time to get use to the single display. I was wrong. I adjusted quickly to the 1 screen of the Tesla. The same day I drove it home. Quicker than I thought. So I don’t use it for my speedometer any more. I only use the S3XY buttons for quick actions now. To turn on Interior lights, move mirrors, glove box, charge port and frunk open.