Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. Good price too. I was using the Sexy buttons app. They have a cluster gauge in the app. I was thinking I would be like you. That it would take a long time to get use to the single display. I was wrong. I adjusted quickly to the 1 screen of the Tesla. The same day I drove it home. Quicker than I thought. So I don’t use it for my speedometer any more. I only use the S3XY buttons for quick actions now. To turn on Interior lights, move mirrors, glove box, charge port and frunk open.
Yeah - I was definitely curious about the sexy buttons. But the more I looked at it, the more that seemed to be better for others rather than me. So from a purely selfish standpoint, I'd advocate for the hud over sexy buttons

Reactions: Jones1
So I took delivery of my MYP on Saturday. Car is great. No big panel gaps. Everything aligns nicely. I have no issues with ride quality so far (my previous car was a Model X so I was a bit worried). Came with the summer tires but since I live in Houston that is not a big deal.

Now for the rant part...I was schedule for home delivery on 6/10. I did not have the option to pick up at the service center. Was told that if you live within 30 miles of the service center it will be delivered. Not sure if that is really true though. Driver shows up in the wrong car. She transposed two vin numbers and grabbed the wrong car. This happens at 5pm and it would take her an hour to get back with the correct car and that wouldn't work for me due to other plans. She admits it is totally her fault and agrees to come in early on Saturday and deliver the current car. Around 10am Saturday the correct car arrives. I give it the inspection it deserves and find no issues. She goes to check a few things on the Model X I am trading and seems to be taking a while. Finally gets out and says we have a small problem. Turns out my financing expired on the 9th. I was financing through Tesla (although they just farm it out to the lowest rate they can find. In this case BMO Harris bank). I had applied on April 11th and new I would be pushing it to keep the rate I originally had (2.99%). She said I should be able to keep the rate since it was only a couple of days but they couldn't get ahold of anybody at the bank to confirm. I wasn't really hopefull but I did talk to a few friends in the banking business and both said the lenders do have some leeway in situations like this. After talking to her "manager", they agree to let me keep the car but I can't yet "accept delivery" until we get this straightened out. I figured if they can't keep the rate I will just re-shop it on Monday. She leaves and I have plans with friends about 50 miles out of town later in the day. We take the Y to meet the friends and she calls me around 5 and says they can't do anything for me. The rate they are now offering is now 3.74%. I ask for some documentation that proves my rate really expired on the 9th (take screen shots of all of your agreements in the app). They send me some documents that were just plain wrong. So they get a finance person on the phone and finally show me something with the correct info. I tell her I will have to think about what I want to do. She then calls me back around 6 and tells me she has been talking with her "manager" and now they tell me if I don't accept the car on Saturday I will have to return it and have it go back into inventory. Now I am getting upset at getting strong armed into taking this but I know there isn't much I can do. They would flip this car the next day. So just to make them sweat I tell them I still need to think about it. She calls again around 7 and says she can't leave the office until I either accept the car or tell her to come get it. Keep in mind this is in no way her fault. She is just stuck in the middle of it and I told her as much. I finally accepted the new financing and the car through the app. At the end of the day I am only financing around $15k so this whole debacle puts me back around $300 which isn't huge considering the purchase. I just don't like being pushed around. I also conveniently forgot to return the mobile charger with the X (not sure if I was supposed to) so that is a $200 value back to me.

Reactions: Jetblasts
So I took delivery of my MYP on Saturday. Car is great. No big panel gaps. Everything aligns nicely. I have no issues with ride quality so far (my previous car was a Model X so I was a bit worried). Came with the summer tires but since I live in Houston that is not a big deal.

Now for the rant part...I was schedule for home delivery on 6/10. I did not have the option to pick up at the service center. Was told that if you live within 30 miles of the service center it will be delivered. Not sure if that is really true though. Driver shows up in the wrong car. She transposed two vin numbers and grabbed the wrong car. This happens at 5pm and it would take her an hour to get back with the correct car and that wouldn't work for me due to other plans. She admits it is totally her fault and agrees to come in early on Saturday and deliver the current car. Around 10am Saturday the correct car arrives. I give it the inspection it deserves and find no issues. She goes to check a few things on the Model X I am trading and seems to be taking a while. Finally gets out and says we have a small problem. Turns out my financing expired on the 9th. I was financing through Tesla (although they just farm it out to the lowest rate they can find. In this case BMO Harris bank). I had applied on April 11th and new I would be pushing it to keep the rate I originally had (2.99%). She said I should be able to keep the rate since it was only a couple of days but they couldn't get ahold of anybody at the bank to confirm. I wasn't really hopefull but I did talk to a few friends in the banking business and both said the lenders do have some leeway in situations like this. After talking to her "manager", they agree to let me keep the car but I can't yet "accept delivery" until we get this straightened out. I figured if they can't keep the rate I will just re-shop it on Monday. She leaves and I have plans with friends about 50 miles out of town later in the day. We take the Y to meet the friends and she calls me around 5 and says they can't do anything for me. The rate they are now offering is now 3.74%. I ask for some documentation that proves my rate really expired on the 9th (take screen shots of all of your agreements in the app). They send me some documents that were just plain wrong. So they get a finance person on the phone and finally show me something with the correct info. I tell her I will have to think about what I want to do. She then calls me back around 6 and tells me she has been talking with her "manager" and now they tell me if I don't accept the car on Saturday I will have to return it and have it go back into inventory. Now I am getting upset at getting strong armed into taking this but I know there isn't much I can do. They would flip this car the next day. So just to make them sweat I tell them I still need to think about it. She calls again around 7 and says she can't leave the office until I either accept the car or tell her to come get it. Keep in mind this is in no way her fault. She is just stuck in the middle of it and I told her as much. I finally accepted the new financing and the car through the app. At the end of the day I am only financing around $15k so this whole debacle puts me back around $300 which isn't huge considering the purchase. I just don't like being pushed around. I also conveniently forgot to return the mobile charger with the X (not sure if I was supposed to) so that is a $200 value back to me.
Wow.
I had the option for pickup or delivery. The North Service Center. Told me if you live under 30 miles. You can choose. How in the Hell did they bring you a Tesla twice?. Without knowing if you had financing for it? That is Crazy.
Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾

I got a text that my car left Fremont 6/8 after getting my VIN on 6/6, but the soonest they let me schedule delivery was 6/22. Does it normally take that long to reach houston ? I’m seeing people schedule much sooner than my pickup date sadly. I know they need a few days to get a temp tag but still
Yes, mine is 10 days to transport to Houston and 5 days for them to get temp tags.

Reactions: Triplem086
I got a text that my car left Fremont 6/8 after getting my VIN on 6/6, but the soonest they let me schedule delivery was 6/22. Does it normally take that long to reach houston ? I’m seeing people schedule much sooner than my pickup date sadly. I know they need a few days to get a temp tag but still
Yep, ours are probably on the same truck. I was told mine would leave Fremont around the 8th or 9th. 6/22 is the soonest I can schedule as well.

Edit: I just checked and my text was also on the 8th

Reactions: Triplem086
Anyone using Tesla Insurance. You can now change the coverage in the Tesla App. You don’t have to call Tesla insurance anymore. I was able to raise my Collision to a $1000 deductible and keep my Comprehension at a $500 deductible. I saved about $10.
I have
100/300/25
$1000 deductible for Collision
$500 for Comprehensive( Tesla Hater’s Protection)
Gap and Rental.
$119 after the second month. Which is cheaper or around my State Farm Qoute.
I will probably stay with Tesla Insurance. If my safety score stays high. 😆 Or tweak the policy if the rate goes higher. I

Reactions: TJ21CT
Did the SAE J1772 Charging Adapter come with your cars? On the shop’s website it says it’s included with all Tesla cars.

Did the SAE J1772 Charging Adapter come with your cars? On the shop’s website it says it’s included with all Tesla cars.

Yes it did.

Reactions: mikedjp

What is this used for? I’m assuming it charges the car faster ?

For Performance Owner’s. I will be doing this. When my rear Tires start to wear down.
1655213449620.png

Reactions: amajoh