Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that purchased FSD - play with your car for the first day and then press the button to request beta. I made the mistake of pressing it immediately without thinking and on the first day got a safety score of 94 while I was learning the car. Every day since I've been 98-100 and still have not received FSD (June 9 - June 16). Not sure how their algorithm works for who is in que, but pretty sure I'm paying for that first 94 score.

Have an appointment with John for Tint on 6/24. Heard great things about them.

Doing windshield, side windows and rear
May I suggest to invest 100$ more and ask John to do the Ceramic Coating on all glasses like I did?
The product / process is called Glassparency, it comes with 3 years warranty (they will send you products for 3 years to re coat one per quarter)

For those of you that purchased FSD - play with your car for the first day and then press the button to request beta. I made the mistake of pressing it immediately without thinking and on the first day got a safety score of 94 while I was learning the car. Every day since I've been 98-100 and still have not received FSD (June 9 - June 16). Not sure how their algorithm works for who is in que, but pretty sure I'm paying for that first 94 score.
From what I’ve heard, they aren’t granting beta access to very many new drivers anymore regardless of score.

Reactions: Jones1
It’s the door seals being new after a couple weeks in this heat they should relax and be easier to shut.
Yes. I think they tried to seal out more noise in the front. When I first got the MYP. I would hear noise from the rear and the back doors. After I installed the cargo cover. I can hear a little noise in the back. From the rear doors. I think it is the gasket seals. Nothing to complain about. It is quieter than most of the vehicles I’ve owned. Not My Mercedes.

Last edited:
Got my trade paperwork and it says I have to surrender my plates to the DMV. Do I do this when I go pay my sales tax, or do I need to do it immediately after trading the car? I’ve never had to surrender plates before
No. You don’t. I think they just say that. Some states may have to do that. When I went to the North Houston Center for pickup. They told me I didn’t even have to take them off my car. I still took them off. Brought them home. Put them in the garage.

Reactions: mikedjp and amajoh
The Tesla USB 128gb Sentry drive that comes with the Y in the glove box. Isn’t that good. I noticed I was missing possible event’s. While I was at work. I had a Parking attendant place a orange sticker on my window. For charging from a 110 outlet. You can only charge at the charging locations at this garage. No footage was recorded. I monitored the system and events to see when or if it would record. Not sure it was the drive. But I was missing possible events. Test your drive out. Get rid of it. If you notice the same. Maybe the drive was full. I don‘t know. I formatted it a few times. That didn’t help. I purchased a Samsung T7 SSD from Best Buy. Now have multiple events being recorded. When a person walks by or parks by my MYP it is now recorded.