Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn. That’s a bummer! Do you have a new date?
Tentatively scheduled for August 2nd now. Their ETA for when it comes in is the 29th. They said it's around Dallas, but searching on this board for transit from Dallas to Houston seems to be a crapshoot. Granted the last post that was like that was back in 2021/2019 so hopefully their efficiency has improved.

Reactions: understando
Nice!! how much $ is the tint approximately? I still have to find place to do it and have no idea what is reasonable
$250
Xpel Prime XR Plus Window Film 1 XR Plus 70% Front windshield

$450
Xpel Prime XR Window Film 1 XR: Front & Rear windows, Rear windshield

Subtotal Tax (8.25%) Total
$250.00
$450.00
$700.00 + $57.75 $757.75

This is from Gulf Coast Auto Shield. They do a bunch of Teslas. Have heard nothing but good things about them. Maybe a bit more than some others, but I’d rather spend a bit more for a good job. It’s also a bit of a drive for me, just going to work from their shop Fri afternoon.

Reactions: vicarine
$250

$450
Xpel Prime XR Window Film 1 XR: Front & Rear windows, Rear windshield

Subtotal Tax (8.25%) Total
$250.00
$450.00
$700.00 + $57.75 $757.75

This is from Gulf Coast Auto Shield. They do a bunch of Teslas. Have heard nothing but good things about them. Maybe a bit more than some others, but I’d rather spend a bit more for a good job. It’s also a bit of a drive for me, just going to work from their shop Fri afternoon.
Did mine at gulf coast auto and couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• B77C1DD1-00E0-4E90-A5AA-D86492D08FB8.jpeg
    B77C1DD1-00E0-4E90-A5AA-D86492D08FB8.jpeg
    712 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: understando
Oh, nice! what % front and back? I am thinking 25% front and 5% back to stay legal :) I am so happy as a California refugee on legal tint limits in TX ( amongst other things 😆 )

Xpel Prime XR Window Film 1 XR: 20% Front & 55% Rear windows to perfect match front color, Rear windshield not sure what %

I was expecting 20% to be darker (kind of wish I went darker, but am extremely happy with 20%) you can still see inside the car with 20%. To be fair, anything darker than 20% my wife would not have been happy as she plans to drive my car here and there so visibility with anything lower than 20% on the sides would have been difficult to see at night