Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How’s the sound system in Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all the files are on my iPhone 12 with 500gig storage. I just stream them off the phone. Just hit play in music when phone is selected in the music area of car and it will stream them. It will show on screen what’s playing.
Oh, so we are able to stream lossless files over usb on the Tesla? I didn’t realize that. I thought the only streaming option was Bluetooth, and the only lossless option was flac over usb.

I like the sound system very much. It could use a little more sub. Wish it was adjustable. I find the tone pleasing at any volume without harshness or fatigue. Surprisingly, I even sort of like the immersive sound option, and I typically never go for artificial processing like this. They did something pretty cool here.

It seems to go down to maybe 50hz or so with significant volume. Then it drops off a cliff. Basically nothing around 30hz. Good for all but the most serious of electronic, hip hop, and organ music. Most tracks are mastered to deal with this lack of bass anyway.

Anyone have some good sound settings to use?
For Audiophiles using Lossless files: If you are after a more natural, balanced frequency response and approach what is obtained pretty easily with flat EQ settings in the Model 3 Premium Sound package, Try the Following in the Model Y Premium (which needs considerable EQ to get there):

Sub : 0
Bass: -5
Mid Bass: -3.5
Mid: -2
Mid-Treb : -.5
Treb : + .5
Important to keep Immersive to Normal. ( I leave Auto on but frankly havent seen that do anything yet. )

Adjust Listening balanced from Neutral position (which is way too forward in the Y) to the forward first crease in the back seats (line that goes across the seats). There is a 2nd line in the back of the cushion, that is too far back, and you will lose good imaging and the frequency balance will be off -- plus drastic reduction in gain. So if you get the Front/back balance exactly in that spot of the front crease, these settings will approximate a rewarding experience for average height drivers of the Model 3 experience with flat EQ. If you dont adjust front/back balance the attenuation is not steep enough in the bass to compensate for some of the resonances in the cabin/door interfaces, and the high frequencies will be too sharp. Plus you will lose the holographic effect the model 3 has with the image floating that is lost with default Y soundstage.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
For Audiophiles using Lossless files: If you are after a more natural, balanced frequency response and approach what is obtained pretty easily with flat EQ settings in the Model 3 Premium Sound package, Try the Following in the Model Y Premium (which needs considerable EQ to get there):

Sub : 0
Bass: -5
Mid Bass: -3.5
Mid: -2
Mid-Treb : -.5
Treb : + .5
Important to keep Immersive to Normal. ( I leave Auto on but frankly havent seen that do anything yet. )

Adjust Listening balanced from Neutral position (which is way too forward in the Y) to the forward first crease in the back seats (line that goes across the seats). There is a 2nd line in the back of the cushion, that is too far back, and you will lose good imaging and the frequency balance will be off -- plus drastic reduction in gain. So if you get the Front/back balance exactly in that spot of the front crease, these settings will approximate a rewarding experience for average height drivers of the Model 3 experience with flat EQ. If you dont adjust front/back balance the attenuation is not steep enough in the bass to compensate for some of the resonances in the cabin/door interfaces, and the high frequencies will be too sharp. Plus you will lose the holographic effect the model 3 has with the image floating that is lost with default Y soundstage.
I have a May 2023 Model Y and I can’t find the EQ anywhere?