Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How about a plastic sub-trunk liner/carrier?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, time to breath new life into this thing. Somebody in China has finally found the market void, and produced this thing. Anybody tried it yet?? I'd rather those vertical handle "beams" weren't there to consume volume. But still. Here we are.

ABS Car Rear Trunk Storage Box Mat Durable Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

upload_2019-7-31_9-48-49.png

Welcome! Let's just say that I've been looking for this for a long time! Found some rubber ones with no sides, then short sides, then taller sides, and then finally the proper thing! I do wish that it had just strap handles like the product that you bought. I'm a huge efficiency fan, and that includes use of cargo volume.

Yeah, I saw that "low sided" one first in my recent search. And I like it. I'd like it more if it came all the way up and had rope handles!

Hopefully with this new action on the thread we'll get some more eyeballs, and maybe hear from folks who've already purchased these items.

With that deep one I have pictured it appears that I could throw in a bag of ice, a bag of 50 oysters and a case of beer. In the advert images they show a guys standing on it. I'm impressed if it is that tough.

OK, time to breath new life into this thing. Somebody in China has finally found the market void, and produced this thing. Anybody tried it yet?? I'd rather those vertical handle "beams" weren't there to consume volume. But still. Here we are.

ABS Car Rear Trunk Storage Box Mat Durable Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

View attachment 436136
I'm ordering one now. I'll follow up with any notes once it arrives.

I have been trying to figure out how I can load up the trunk with landscaping supplies (soil, mulch,sand,gravel) without making a huge impossible to clean mess.

Even better woul be something like that that filled the entire trunk(floor, walls & ceiling) but this looks like a great start.

I'm ordering one now. I'll follow up with any notes once it arrives.

I have been trying to figure out how I can load up the trunk with landscaping supplies (soil, mulch,sand,gravel) without making a huge impossible to clean mess.

Even better woul be something like that that filled the entire trunk(floor, walls & ceiling) but this looks like a great start.
Awesome. Yeah, for those of us who use the cargo area regularly for somewhat unsavory items... there's no such thing as too much protection. Now.... If I could get a hatch and protection that goes all the way up the seat backs when they're folded forward... But I digress.

Yes, this seems to be a great start. And I can't wait to hear your review (including how long it takes for shipping).

Significantly cheaper at AliExpress

Online Shop Auto Car Modification Trunk Storage Box Storage Box Compartment Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 2017 - 2019 | Aliexpress Mobile

And this might be a solution for the rest of the trunk.

Online Shop car styling Fully enclosed trunk pad tail box leather cushion protection pad modification decoration car Accessories For model 3 | Aliexpress Mobile

I bet we start seeing a lot of new stuff coming out of China when GF3 starts pumping a ton of cars into the Chinese market.

Great work, Cypho! That Ruiya or Yee Pin or Ti-Zaih unit (depending on the seller!) has two flaws that I see:

1. The same volume-robbing handle flaw as the other.
2. A divider in the bottom that is permanently molded in.

I'm happy that others are doing this, but that divider is a show-stopper. And why has everybody decided that we need those volume-robbing handle columns? Grrr.

Great work, Cypho! That Ruiya or Yee Pin or Ti-Zaih unit (depending on the seller!) has two flaws that I see:

1. The same volume-robbing handle flaw as the other.
2. A divider in the bottom that is permanently molded in.

I'm happy that others are doing this, but that divider is a show-stopper. And why has everybody decided that we need those volume-robbing handle columns? Grrr.
I think the columns probably serve as structural support.