Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How about a plastic sub-trunk liner/carrier?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of today I'm in the market for one also. Today I had a spill in the lower trunk, about 55 oz of water spilled out of an insullated cooler. The strange thing is that the water soaked through the carpet and it is now gone. Does anyone know if the lower Model 3 trunk area will drain to the outside, or is this water still lurking somewhere in the car? Thanks.

I'm going to wake up this thread again. Note that I've been running around with a cheap liner in the sub-trunk that is doing 80% of what I want. But I still haven't found that ideal product that I've wanted all along. Today's quest is slightly less ambitions, but definitely along the same lines. In other words, if somebody can make one of these, they can surely make both and sell as a set!

I want a plastic insert for the left-side storage cubby in the Model 3 trunk. EVERYBODY sells these expensive fabric-covered "dividers" that velcro to the existing fabric. So it creates a higher wall there, and you can store more. But you're still using the fuzzy fabric to hold everything. I use this area for my dog stuff, and it can get wet and icky. It would be the bomb to have a plastic, fitted little bucket in there with a higher side to serve that same purpose of the divider that everybody sells.

Here's the typical fabric-covered velcro divider that I decidedly do not want: TAPTES Trunk Side Pocket Partition Pad for Tesla Model 3 / Y

I still don't understand why the aftermarket folks won't serve my every need. :)

Oh! It also appears that folks generally don't care about carrying cargo in a 3, and that most of the storage solutions are aimed at the Y. I see that there ARE some bins (though not plastic, and not ideal) for those trunk cubbies in the Y.

I ended up just finding a black plastic storage bin from Walmart. It was about $10. I don't keep it in the car all the time, just when transporting leaky things.
I ended up getting this and after a little usage its been working fine, and would be ok for spills under a gallon or so. The edges come up about 2” so not super high, but for me it’s better than nothing down there, so now it’s good for muddy and snow covered boots and gear.