Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Can I Politely Decline Speaking To Strangers About My Car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a young female Tesla owner and I am constantly stopped in public to talk about anything Tesla related. At first it was fine, but it has greatly escalated. People have blocked in a parking spot/charging spot with their cars and approaching my window, where I would have no way to exit the situation. I respect that the new technology is exciting, but I don’t feel as if it’s fair to put me in uncomfortable/unsafe situations just to make a couple comments. How can I politely turn down these interactions?

Well, it's like when you are walking in the street with a cute little chihuahua puppy...

How can I politely turn down these interactions?

May be install some ultra tinted windows for privacy, so no one can really notice who is driving...

IMG_7202.jpg

I done a few "lectures" on Tesla's and EVs in general. I don't mind, but then again, I haven't been delayed on my way to something important, yet. It is worth noting that word of mouth is the only way Tesla advertises, so if everyone clams up it will hurt the company. Of they could just be trying to pick you up. As a male this generally isn't a problem for me. I'm so lonely! ;)

Last edited:
Happens frequently for me. I personally don't mind talking about it when I've got the time, but in the event that I have something else to do or need to leave (or don't want human interaction right now), it's simple: tell them that you'd love to talk about it, but you have X that you need to do or go to. It can be as simple as holding up your phone and saying that you've got a bunch of urgent work emails to answer.

That said, they're largely just excited to see one and be able to talk to somebody who clearly must share some of that same excitement.

Print out a stack of "Tesla's General Questions and Answers" and put it inside your car like a flyer, so when people have questions give one to them and politely ask them to take a look.

Probably something to start with by cut and paste some info from this page:
New Owner Frequently Asked Questions

Most importantly, be sure to include your referral code on the bottom because u never know they might buy the car the next day. Win-Win.

You could say "I just got it and I'm just now learning all about it. There's a bunch of information at Tesla.com. That's where I'm going to study up on it."

That way, you're polite, you give them a source of information, and you get yourself off the hook.
Yes, I like that reply...… up to the point where he says "I'm just kidding. Give me your purse before I shoot you" :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.