Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I tell if I have FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...car's interface to tell if FSD is enabled?

Currently, no because the car's menu only displays what have been activated in 2019 AP and prior EAP and 2019 FSD but there's no menu for:

1) Traffic Lights / Stop Signs automatic compliance
2) Automatic City Driving

Even when you got all the functions, what counts is whether you already paid for it or not.

To find out, Model 3 owners can see them listed on their detailed account page.

For Model S and X, it's in your pdf file on your account page "All Documents--Uploads" titled "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement."

So the certain way to do it is to connect to your car via the owner api (More info here: Introduction - There's also a thread discussing it here: Tesla Owner API Tutorial (All you need is your browser))

Once you authenticate and get a bearer token, you can request vehicle info and get option codes. I just checked mine (using Postman, makes it easier than curl commands) and sure enough APF2 Full Self Driving was on the list for me. You can also use the options decoder here to put a comma separated list of codes: Tesla Options Decoder

So the certain way to do it is to connect to your car via the owner api (More info here: Introduction - There's also a thread discussing it here: Tesla Owner API Tutorial (All you need is your browser))

Once you authenticate and get a bearer token, you can request vehicle info and get option codes. I just checked mine (using Postman, makes it easier than curl commands) and sure enough APF2 Full Self Driving was on the list for me. You can also use the options decoder here to put a comma separated list of codes: Tesla Options Decoder

Thanks for the info.

Interesting, just took a look and the Model 3 came back as APF0 and the Model S came back as APF1. We initially had EAP for both and later purchased FSD for both. Wonder if Tesla needs to fix on the backend.

Any thoughts from someone here?

24 hours or so after purchase of FSD the Model S did display a pop up in the car saying that the full self driving upgrade was successful.

I saw somewhere you can use the remote s app. Click the logo at top. Then go down to copy vehicle data. You should have option codes in there. APPB is for enhanced and APF2 is for FSD. As someone mentioned above the only issue with this is if they made a mistake they could change this but this should show current state.

You know the irony is that there is such a secret squirrel group. It has the terribly named acronym of EAP standing for early Access program rather than enhanced autopilot. Anyone who bought fsd before all the crazy price changes was automatically confirmed as an honorary secret squirrel.

We shall see. I have sent several emails and have gotten absolutely nothing back acknowledging this. AND it has been suspiciously removed from the Tesla Blog Post that referenced it IF you can even find it anymore.

Looking more and more like one of those #ElonLetDown #TeslaLetDown

IMG_1732.PNG

I saw somewhere you can use the remote s app. Click the logo at top. Then go down to copy vehicle data. You should have option codes in there. APPB is for enhanced and APF2 is for FSD. As someone mentioned above the only issue with this is if they made a mistake they could change this but this should show current state.
This is the kind of reply I was hoping for. Mine says “AF00,APF1,APH2,APPB”
So I’m guessing I’m not programmed for FSD?
Thanks for this info.

My S has EAP and I have the option to upgrade to FSD on my Tesla account online. My wife’s X has EAP, although it technically shouldn’t; it was an inventory 100D that we purchased in December, as the X we ordered and were waiting on was going to be pushing it close to making the end of year $7,500 tax credit. So, Tesla gave us an inventory instead that matched our order except it has EAP and we weren’t wanting that. They took the price option off the final price, except never removed EAP from the X.
Also, now when I’ve gone on her X account on our Tesla online manager, it does not give the option to upgrade to FSD, or even EAP for that matter. I too am wondering if it has FSD already

I am in nearly the exact same position. Mine wasn't because I was close to the tax credit deadline.. but otherwise, the same issues. And all I know for sure is EAP is active. I'm expecting when FSD comes active.. I'll find out whether I have access to it or not. And if they decide to upgrade my Hardward from 2.5 to the 3 FSD computer.. so be it. I will not be complaining. If they don't.. and I want it in the future.. I expect I'll fight that fight and pay what they want when we figure it all out.

Reactions: SBDPlaid