Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How current is the naviation data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the Tesla navigation system yesterday to take me to part of Seattle I'm not familiar with and it tried to have me go on a road that has been closed for the past 3 years (Light rail construction). I can understand recent changes, but 3 years?

Sorry for the newbie question, but is this common? I checked Google Maps and the road is closed there. Is there a reporting mechanism for bad data?

I used the Tesla navigation system yesterday to take me to part of Seattle I'm not familiar with and it tried to have me go on a road that has been closed for the past 3 years (Light rail construction). I can understand recent changes, but 3 years?

Sorry for the newbie question, but is this common? I checked Google Maps and the road is closed there. Is there a reporting mechanism for bad data?
The most recent version of the Navigon maps update was January 2016. There's other threads on this topic here but my memory is that even those maps are based on data from 2014.

@reportseattle - yes - if you send the information and include a picture of google maps showing the location to [email protected], they will forward it to the appropriate team and have it updated in an upcoming update.