Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did Elon get my knickers in a twist today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
putin-vladimir.gif

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056
Welp, I wish I could turn my auto-wipers “off” when using TACC or Autopilot. At least until the wiper software is fixed so that they don’t dry wipe when it’s only cloudy and do actually auto-wipe when it’s raining.
You say TACC or Autopilot. Do you mean TACC or Autosteer? Because basic Autopilot includes TACC and Autosteer.

Hmm, my wipers have never ever gone on using TACC in almost two years since having my 2022 MSLR.

Last edited:
You say TACC or Autopilot. Do you mean TACC or Autosteer? Because basic Autopilot includes TACC and Autosteer.

Hmm, my wipers have never ever gone on using TACC in almost two years since having my 2022 MSLR.

Because MS/MX don’t force the wipers in cruise or autopilot. 3/Y do. Similarly S/X don’t force auto high beams in autopilot. It’s legitimately one of my favorite parts of the upgrade.

The moment this becomes a thread about X/Twitter it will be shut down. Mod policy on the subject is clear and well-known by now. History tells us the chances this thread will stay open are slim.

No discussion about this policy.

I knew it was doomed, and still couldn't resist setting it up.

Even if only setting it up... like bowling pins.

Well, where to start, I'm in the UK, I've paid for FSD twice now and it just seems to be getting worse and worse. I mainly wanted it for smart summon, which we still don't have seven year after I first paid four FSD. Summon is effectively non functional since you have to stand right next to the drivers side of the car to get it to do anything. That's if both you and the car have a connection...
Rant over. I've had s bad day. Funny how I don't care so much when the stock is up 🙃

Reactions: zoomer0056
Welp, I wish I could turn my auto-wipers “off” when using TACC or Autopilot.

If you're willing to spend some money, this can be accomplished using the "S3XY Buttons" Commander. It can override auto-wipers and auto-brights.

It's ~$150 + tax/shipping for just the commander and a harness without any of the S3XY buttons themselves. Not sure if Enhauto ships to North America -- I ordered mine from Abstract Ocean.

Here's a screenshot of the relevant settings from the accompanying app:
1702426963417.png

If you're willing to spend some money, this can be accomplished using the "S3XY Buttons" Commander. It can override auto-wipers and auto-brights.

It's ~$150 + tax/shipping for just the commander and a harness without any of the S3XY buttons themselves. Not sure if Enhauto ships to North America -- I ordered mine from Abstract Ocean.

Here's a screenshot of the relevant settings from the accompanying app:
View attachment 998801
Thanks for the information.

I’ll keep it in the toolbox of options as time goes on.

That said, I’m not yet at the point to pay extra money just to fix a software bug/feature that collides with real life situations because it just let’s Tesla off the hook.

Reactions: KJD
Last night on YouTube a Phony AI generated Ad with Elon speaking in clear ok-sounding voice but without his usual speech glitches which was the give away for me. One of the side images was Cathy Woods! Elon's spiel was the usual sit on your ass at home and watch as $1k per day magically accumulates in your account, etc ad nauseum. I did not stay for Part 2.

I shoulda taken a screen grab but was in a bit of shock watching this transpire. Anyone else seen this or any other celeb AI stuff on YouTube?

Welp, I wish I could turn my auto-wipers “off” when using TACC or Autopilot. At least until the wiper software is fixed so that they don’t dry wipe when it’s only cloudy and do actually auto-wipe when it’s raining.
Being able to turn off the wipers and not have forced auto highbeams is perhaps my favorite part of upgrading from a model 3 to model s

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12