Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did you tint rear window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front side windows must allow more than 88% of light in. What are the minimum percentages of tint you find? Even 70% tint (what I have on my windshield) is basically imperceptible to the naked eye. Does any tint manufacturer make (in effect) a 90% tint?

Front side windows must allow more than 88% of light in. What are the minimum percentages of tint you find? Even 70% tint (what I have on my windshield) is basically imperceptible to the naked eye. Does any tint manufacturer make (in effect) a 90% tint?
I see, got it. Thank you for that.

I've never looked into getting my front windows tinted before so it didn't all make sense until now. So it's a pretty worthless legally allowable tint %

I see, got it. Thank you for that.

I've never looked into getting my front windows tinted before so it didn't all make sense until now. So it's a pretty worthless legally allowable tint %

Yeah... but... you are correct in correcting my previous post, where I said "none is allowed" because as you rightly pointed out, thats not accurate.

I had forgotten that a long time ago I looked into it, and found that, while they have a number there, it basically doesnt matter because either there were no tints that met the standard, or even if there were, the tint would be basically imperceptible (which is obviously what they are after).

So, you are correct in pointing it out, and thanks for the correction.