Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I avoid a road and have it renavigate me to a destination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't turn onto the road... when you miss the turn it'll re-route.

Otherwise, no, you can't pre-select specific roads to avoid, other than the generic settings like "avoid toll roads" that will avoid all such roads

I was doing a trip that I'd done hundreds of times before but for kicks I put it into the nav system. The route it picked was so far off my normal route that I could barely figure out where it wanted to take me. I left it on though and after every turn it recalculated me back to its route to the point where it wanted me to go out of my way by about 50 miles. At some point I just turned it off. OTOH, we were stuck in construction traffic and it routed us off and around it through all kinds of small roads. When we got to a point I knew though it still wanted to take me back to rejoin the original route that I left. I turned it off there too, but it was helpful up until then.

Reactions: Therealm80
I find its insistence on routing me through residential neighborhoods instead of main thoroughfares, regardless of traffic conditions, extremely odd. I assume it has to due with the shortest route to reduce battery consumption, though I would often prefer the fastest route.

Reactions: Therealm80