Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I know if I got EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you click on the car settings menu, there will be a tab for Autopilot.

(picture from a previous software version)

• Helpful
Reactions: 2012MS85
My car didn’t come with EAP despite paying for it. The Autopilot menu was missing the Autosteer and Autopilot inn navigation festures. Both are listed as Beta. Those arrived the moment the service center applied EAP on my car. There wasn’t any big magical thing just those features appeared.

My car didn’t come with EAP despite paying for it. The Autopilot menu was missing the Autosteer and Autopilot inn navigation festures. Both are listed as Beta. Those arrived the moment the service center applied EAP on my car. There wasn’t any big magical thing just those features appeared.
Okay, so you had an autopilot menu, but it didn't contain the auto steer and auto/nav features?

I have the autopilot menu, but only basic options, and no mention of TACC distance, or any other features.

So I think with the latest software update, the only way to tell you have EAP is if you have Autosteer, Cruise Distance, Auto Lane Change, etc.
I don't have those. Will they appear only after it is calibrated, or are they there before calibration?

I'm thinking I didn't get EAP.

If so, how do I get it activated? Phone call, or do I have to go in?

Okay, so you had an autopilot menu, but it didn't contain the auto steer and auto/nav features?

I have the autopilot menu, but only basic options, and no mention of TACC distance, or any other features.

Correct, my delivery advisor immediatey said, “you don’t have EAP” and then I told him to look at the sticker.

I went to the service center and they sorted it out and within a couple minutes I had the beta autosteer, Nav on autopilot, etc.

I don't have those. Will they appear only after it is calibrated, or are they there before calibration?

I'm thinking I didn't get EAP.

If so, how do I get it activated? Phone call, or do I have to go in?

I got contradictory information that it had to be done at a service center on their Wi-Fi network. When I got there, the service advisor really didn’t know what to do and said it had to be handled by California HQ. Then some service tech came by and did it in a matter of seconds. Nobody could tel me assuredly it could be done entirely over the air, at least two people said I needed to be on Service Center Wi-Fi. However, at no point did anyone touch the car while there so not sure if the cars automatically connect to WiFi when at service centers, I don’t think so, so very possible it was done OTA.

Good luck, everyone was confused in my case.

To add a data point, when I first picked up my car, EAP was not installed. I called the 1-888 number and spoke to someone on a Sunday morning about my issue. They pushed an OTA update to my car later that night with a follow up email that EAP was now installed. This was back in September. Very happy with the response time but not so happy that it was an issue to begin with.