Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I set up Bluetooth so that phone A takes calls and phone B simultaneously streams music?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think you can set this up the way you want. If phone A is the primary then the music, calls, etc. will stream through that phone untill you change to phone B. I haven't seen anything in the menu that would allow you to split the functionality. I have both an iphone 14 pro max and Google Pixel 7 pro connected to my M3 and they look the same in the set up.

How do I set up Bluetooth so that phone A takes calls and phone B simultaneously streams music? I have 2018 Model 3 LR.

You dont (in a tesla model 3 or Y anyway).

Your work arounds would be:

1. play music from USB thumb drive - Sync phone you want to take calls from
2. Play music from radio - sync phone you want to take calls
3. sign up for premium connectivity with tesla if you havent, sign up for a music streaming service that is supported directly (spotify, apple music, Tidal), play music from tesla interface and sync phone you want to take calls.

Last edited:
Haven't seen any car that can accept multiple paired phones. Frankly, it's crazy no one has done this yet. My $150 Jabra headphones allow two devices to be actively paired at once. First device playing music to them no problem. 2nd device receives phone call and it cuts over to that device. Isn't rocket science and been around for a decade.

Thanks for the input everyone. I know that the Toyota Prius, BMW X series, and Honda Pilot allow one phone for calls and another for streaming music. I’m hoping Tesla pushes a software update that allows this soon. Or allow for AUX input through one of the USB ports.

Thanks for the input everyone. I know that the Toyota Prius, BMW X series, and Honda Pilot allow one phone for calls and another for streaming music. I’m hoping Tesla pushes a software update that allows this soon. Or allow for AUX input through one of the USB ports.

I wouldnt hold your breath on this, since bluetooth connectivity hasnt changed much since I got my model 3 in 2018 to now. I have no idea on the other vehicles you mentioned, but I would advise not expecting tesla to do anything at all about this.