Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you carry house keys?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I am impressed that so many of you are using smart locks. I've been using the Kwikset Kevo Smart Lock for four years now. Its great. They keep improving the app too. It has Alexa support and uses a PIN for authentication. (I'm sure everyone's does that too.)
As a result of this, I don't carry any keys.

Thanks for everyone's responses! Seems like most are in two camps - smart locks or slim wallet with key ring. My only connected device is an outdoor camera. Still haven't jumped on other smart home stuff (lights, speaker, locks, garage opener, windows, hvac, etc), partly because of all the different options out there - very daunting indeed. Might start doing some research for upcoming BF deals!

Look at this stuff. It's very inexpensive when you buy it direct. Sonoff Smart Home- remote control home appliances|ITEAD
You can put the Dual's on ceiling fans and ceiling lights. Put the duals or singles on short extension cords to put them between lamps, fans, TVs, coffee pots if you don't want to use the plug-in adapters. Same stuff is on Amazon but twice the price. I've got more than two dozen installed throughout my house. Plus a Internet connected front door and GDO.

Still have several keychains. One for each of the four vehicles we own; house key(s) are on each. I got into the habit of having separate groups of keys, instead one with everything on it, once we had more than two cars. Each non-Telsa car has a fob; the BMW with the integrated key-remote, the Nissan and Honda both have pushbutton start so the remote (fob) doesn't physically need to be inserted into the ignition. My Tesla keychain consists of a plastic card holder for the keycard and a single house key. When at work I carry my BMW ring in my computer bag as it has several keys that are for work, along with a USB key, storage locker key, etc., etc. When the Model 3 fobs come along, one will replace the keycard as I anticipate that it will be easier (and more useful) to use.

At the moment I have no desire to change over my house locks to smart ones.

I was almost set to get a smart lock, to do away with keys all together. But my condo has a key to get in, so I would have had to stash it in my wallet.

Now my work is changing to key fobs, and then Tesla will have a fob, so maybe I'm stuck with keys forever.