Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you contact someone in Tesla that will actually help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 11th September 2019, I arranged for my 2016 Model S to be repaired at the London - Brooklands Service Centre on the earliest available date which was 10th October 2019.

On the 10th October 2019, within a few minutes of arriving, a mechanic went for a drive and diagnosed that the noise and handling problems I had been experiencing were because the rubber mounts on the shock absorbers needed replacing. They did not have any in stock but would order and expect them in a couple of days. The receptionist volunteered a warning that they were currently booking for November but not to worry because they would fit me in earlier.

On 14th October 2019, I received a text telling me that my parts were now in stock but allocating 10th December 2019 for them to be fitted! How do I get to talk to the receptionist that said I would be fitted in earlier or to anyone else that can actually help?

There are no earlier appointments available on the app. I've tried ringing and webchat and am told they cannot help and only suggest that I visit the Service Centre in person (which is a 4 hour round trip for me). I've texted back to the number that notified me of the appointment explaining everything and there has been no acknowledgement.

I should say that I was very happy with the team at the Service Centre but everyone else you deal with appears to be hamstrung by processes that fail them as much as the customer. I am tempted to start a forum thread just to paste comical webchats into.

Any advice on how I can resolve this?

Not sure there is an option. I have similar - booked the car in to Birmingham a few weeks ago, the earliest date is December

The service centres are over run doing the pre delivery checks on all the cars they threw at buyers in September. Come December they'll be pushing to make year end targets and come January and February they'll be fixing all those cars.

Complaining can't fix under investment or a broken system, it might just get you bumped up the queue at someones expense (not saying that as reason to put you off, I'd be complaining too).

On the 10th October 2019, within a few minutes of arriving, a mechanic went for a drive and diagnosed that the noise and handling problems I had been experiencing were because the rubber mounts on the shock absorbers needed replacing.

Presumably this isn’t a warranty issue and doesn’t sound like a Tesla specific part so could you not use a local independent, or these guys (not particularly local to you though). A bit of googling may identify an EV indie nearer to you.

Cleevely Electric Vehicles

Reactions: dhrivnak
Been on hold with them for just over 26 minutes now. Had to choose help with car functions option because there are no other options that relate to service centre issues at all. Not hopeful anyone will answer... ever...

The service centres are over run doing the pre delivery checks on all the cars they threw at buyers in September. Come December they'll be pushing to make year end targets and come January and February they'll be fixing all those cars.
I don't think Tesla do any pre-delivery checks. A quick search on YouTube will reveal M3 collections with faults. Hence why they are over run.

I don't think Tesla do any pre-delivery checks. A quick search on YouTube will reveal M3 collections with faults. Hence why they are over run.

I was being sarcastic - they give it a quick once over at the service centre for anything obvious like big dents as the odd delivery has been cancelled. but in practive they end up doing everything they should/would have picked up before a customer takes delivery after the customer has taken delivery, only they now also have a p1ssed off and inconvenienced customer

Reactions: MrBadger