Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you have your displays setup? (Touchscreen and Dash)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Left dash: Music
During a road trip I may put Energy graph on the right dash and Nav directions automatically go on left dash.
That's why music is on the left for me too; it's information I can easily do without.

Top: Rear view camera*
*In this city no one ever lets you merge. If they see your turn blinker they'll hit the gas. So if I can see their nose in the camera I hit the accelerator and blinker simultaneously, and just go for it!
The beauty of instant acceleration and immediate regen braking... The maneuver is safely over before the non-team-player-other-driver even knows it's happening.

Left Dash Display: Trip display
Right Dash Display: Music
Full Screen: Maps (about ~1/6 of metro Atlanta, so way zoomed out)
under top screen (if I press the 'full screen button with maps in full screen mode): Music
Right scroller: Sunroof!

I thought using the right scroll wheel as 'all' was fine for selecting sunroof. But after testing with having dedicated sunroof, well there isn't going back.

Wait, you can set your left and right dash?? I only thought you could set your top and bottom screens! How do you set your left and right dash? Mine have been set to what they were when I picked up my car a month ago (turn-by-turn on left (or music if I'm not using nav) and energy on right).

Last edited:
For day-today driving:
Left dash: music
Right dash: trip
Top: back-up camera
Bottom: energy/ music/ maps
Right scroll wheel: pano :)

For roadtrips:
Left dash: Nav (default: I don't need it there as I have it on the bottom screen)
Right dash: trip (energy usage since last SC)
Top: energy (projected miles)
Bottom: Nav (miles to destination)

I never bothered changing the left and right displays... I think I read about how it can be changed when I first got the car but never got around to it. I never use any of the steering wheel buttons. I also don't use the audio system at all: I enjoy the silence!
So it shows the Wh/mile on the left (or driving directions in the few instances that I used turn by turn navigation) and the energy graph on the right.
Top: maps with traffic. Not only they allow me to route around unusual traffic jams, but it also allows me to adjust my speed and acceleration to reduce energy use.
Bottom: rear camera which I find handy to check my blind spots.

I don't recall how I've set mine up since I've been driving a loaner for a bit. But IIRC, left is NAV when on, right is music. top of screen is Map, and bottom is Camera. I keep the camera on the bottom because it allows me to not have to worry as much about my blind spot since the angle of the lens is so wide.