Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you jack up a low model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked and my model 3 is just about 3 7/16 inches off the ground. I see the low profile jacks are typically 3 1/2 inches. Maybe I could slide one of those under, but no way am I fitting the jack pucks under as well. I personally wouldn't have lowered it this much but it came already lowered when I got it so I'm just trying to figure the best way to get it up in the air if I want to rotate the tires or change the oil. Kidding on the last part.

You don't need pucks, Tesla themselves don't use them. Just get a low profile jack (harbor freight racing one for example) and you are good since they typically have flat lift plates and the lift point sits proud.

I have had one of these for the better part of 10 years now and it has served me well on every car I've owned. Specs show it at 3.5 inches at it's lowest point. You don't need a 3 ton unless you're planning on lifting the car from the middle :p

1.5 Ton Aluminum Rapid Pump® Racing Floor Jack

I had to drive my Corvette up on a couple of boards

That's the one I have.

I got it for $69 during the 20% off sale.

493583A8-FE89-4006-B625-EBAD05AA8CD0.jpeg
Trailer-Aid Tandem Tire Changing Ramp, The Fast and Easy Way To Change A Trailer's Flat Tire, Holds up to 15,000 lbs, 4.5 Inch Lift (Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I4JPZE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_w2TMEbZ9M2CG8

You don't need pucks, Tesla themselves don't use them. Just get a low profile jack (harbor freight racing one for example) and you are good since they typically have flat lift plates and the lift point sits proud.

Sorry to bother you, but any chance you could post a link or something to this "harbor freight low profile racing jack" or something similar? After my 4th tire issue with my 20s (I seem to have very bad luck with tires and my model 3), I want to be able to change the tire myself vs waiting for the drivers (who many times dont know exactly what to do).

I just bought some pucks to keep in the car for tow drivers, but now want a decent jack to use myself. I dont typically like harbor freight lower end stuff, but the description of a jack with flat profile top instead of the slight cup style I keep seeing sounds interesting.

Sorry to bother you, but any chance you could post a link or something to this "harbor freight low profile racing jack" or something similar?

Yup, i'm using what @robl45 mentions above. That plus a torque wrench and a cordless impact wrench works great and fast. Only got the impact wrench for quick changes on track days, otherwise a cheater bar is probably more cost effective.

I know many people use this same jack for track days since it breaks down and can be taken with you fairly easily plus its cheap and light.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin