Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Do You Open Your Door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They make an adhesive attachment handle that allows you to pull it open - I find them kind of tacky and would never get them, but may help in your situation... Pull Door Handle Trims For Tesla Model Y 2021-2023
This - I got some identical handles from RPM Tesla and I’ll never go back.

The MY handles may be aerodynamic but they’re incredibly impractical and poorly designed, IMO. Difficult to use with the opposite hand, impossible to use if you have anything in your hand, difficult for newbies to figure out. There’s a reason almost every other car in the market has a handle you can just grab.

Reactions: BitJam
I do as I believe the design lends to which is thumb then fingers (like most). Left hand for driver side and right hand for passenger side (palm down). If need be I’ll flip hands palm up for opposite side. I’ll also on occasion simply press with two fingers and pull from trim.

IMHO theses handles are not hard to operate given our opposable thumbs. I am baffled as to why some people have issues. Being used to conventional pull handles might result in time needed to get used to the handles but that’s it. Any monke…ahem I mean human with adult sized hands should be able to easily open the doors.

I will admit, objectively, pull handles are ‘easier’ and more straight forward. If this is your jam, get those stick on thingys people have posted. 👍👍

Reactions: AlexHung
They make an adhesive attachment handle that allows you to pull it open - I find them kind of tacky and would never get them, but may help in your situation... Pull Door Handle Trims For Tesla Model Y 2021-2023
I got these from AliExpress. They are brilliant! They look OEM, they make my life easier, and they make it easier for passengers to simply open the door without instructions. I posted a picture of the car with the handles but you can barely notice them:

On the way to Gila Hot Springs, July 4, 2022
View attachment 825694

Here is a closeup:
just-handles-1.jpg

Reactions: sleepydoc