Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you suggest a new Supercharger site to Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Close your eyes and pray whilst doing a two button reset.
It's strange they have a voting system, I'd think it would be purely data driven.
I’m sure there are several factors that will override any voting choices, and data will be one of them… then there’s power availability and planning permission and physical space and contractual issues etc etc etc! I suppose it’s to help make us feel we are involved.

I’m sure there are several factors that will override any voting choices, and data will be one of them… then there’s power availability and planning permission and physical space and contractual issues etc etc etc! I suppose it’s to help make us feel we are involved.
Yeah, probably the voting is mostly all fake and the sites they plan to do always win anyway. Just gives people the illusion that they are listening to us. ;)

I'm curious if they will start any new sites in the UK after they announced they were scaling back on new supercharger sites and going more with expansions of existing sites. In fact curious if they even do that or just sit back and leave it to the other networks to do this. From what I've seen on this, charging networks for most companies though don't make any money and are loss leading so wonder how long they will also continue to expand, especially if the public seems to be souring a bit on EV's.

I think Tesla gave some attention to suggested locations. Fleet statistics show where people drive and charge. Suggestions fill in the blank areas - places and routes Teslas rarely drive because there are no convenient chargers.

It’s a challenge to perceive gaps in data. Give Tesla credit for recognizing the issue.