Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does autopilot compare to other similar driver assist features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a recent owner of a Model 3. I did not opt for the full autonomous option because from what I've read, NOAP is still a bit rough around the edges and I only intend to keep the car for 3 years.

That being said I've been ridiculously impressed by autopilot. My only point of comparison is the lane keeping I tried on a. Audi S5 that I was considering getting when looking at the Tesla and it blows that out of the water.

Are there similar systems on the market that are as effective? I've heard the cadilac and Benz systems are good. Is it true they all use the same vendors for the tech?

I'm a recent owner of a Model 3. I did not opt for the full autonomous option because from what I've read, NOAP is still a bit rough around the edges and I only intend to keep the car for 3 years.

That being said I've been ridiculously impressed by autopilot. My only point of comparison is the lane keeping I tried on a. Audi S5 that I was considering getting when looking at the Tesla and it blows that out of the water.

Are there similar systems on the market that are as effective? I've heard the cadilac and Benz systems are good. Is it true they all use the same vendors for the tech?
The Model 3 is a few years ahead of everyone's new car, and even the ones built in 2017 are improving every month. There's a few usual suspects around here that will claim otherwise, but I've also seen them claim specifically that Audi is the one that's ahead so I guess take that into consideration. :)

P.S. Probably a good call on not buying FSB given your particulars. Although I'd be sad if my "signal to lane change and AP does it" that I got with old offering of EAP went away, you're getting the meat of the value in just AP and probably won't miss much what you never had.