Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before delivery did you see your vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a SR+ MSM/White Model 3 on 5/19. MY SA has been great since ive been really impatient with my car currently in the shop. While i dont have a VIN yet he just sent me this earlier today. Showing me "Soft matched" with a Production date on 6/11 (Thursday!!!) and an estimated delivery this Sunday. Cant wait

Attachments

• RenderedImage.JPG
    RenderedImage.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 133
Ordered a SR+ MSM/White Model 3 on 5/19. MY SA has been great since ive been really impatient with my car currently in the shop. While i dont have a VIN yet he just sent me this earlier today. Showing me "Soft matched" with a Production date on 6/11 (Thursday!!!) and an estimated delivery this Sunday. Cant wait
Hi, how do you get that info?

Yes, how do you get that info? I asked my SA about the build date now that I have a VIN assigned. He said what is that. He also just told me where vehicle was built and no other updates. I asked about vehicle location, has it left the factory, any updates on how long it would take to arrive and he said no info and that I will receive a text from tesla and delivery center to schedule once it is there. He isn't proactive, only responds a while after I reach out, and usually with generic info that is available on my account. My VIN has 707

Hi, how do you get that info?

Yes, how do you get that info? I asked my SA about the build date now that I have a VIN assigned. He said what is that. He also just told me where vehicle was built and no other updates. I asked about vehicle location, has it left the factory, any updates on how long it would take to arrive and he said no info and that I will receive a text from tesla and delivery center to schedule once it is there. He isn't proactive, only responds a while after I reach out, and usually with generic info that is available on my account. My VIN has 707

Maybe i just got lucky with my SA? i know he's been there a while so its possible he has access to things others dont. The photo above was sent from him directly when i asked if there's any updates on delivery. i can tell you guys that it is in Teslas best interest to get everyone their cars before the end of the month.

I found the VIN via source code on 6/8 but my Telsa account didn't reflect that. I waited on pins and needles but broke down and emailed the Tesla rep that I noticed a VIN was attached to my account and asked if there was a status update. 20 minutes later a different Tesla rep emailed me saying that a Model 3 matching my configuration was matched to my account and offered a range of dates for pickup! I replied with 6/12, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Arctic_White
I found the VIN via source code on 6/8 but my Telsa account didn't reflect that. I waited on pins and needles but broke down and emailed the Tesla rep that I noticed a VIN was attached to my account and asked if there was a status update. 20 minutes later a different Tesla rep emailed me saying that a Model 3 matching my configuration was matched to my account and offered a range of dates for pickup! I replied with 6/12, fingers crossed!
I actually asked if delivery was available today or tomorrow in addition to the 12th and the Tesla rep responded saying that we could do tomorrow! Very excited!

Grizzdafrr good luck with your new car please let me know how it go's
I picked up yesterday and the car is great! Found a couple of exterior issues (paint/scratch and door alignment issue), so I scheduled a mobile service appointment and am following-up with Tesla to ensure those are covered under the warranty as I noticed them at time of pickup. Overall though the car is absolutely fantastic. I think it's a Model 3 that was manufactured after Fremont re-opened, as the center console includes wireless charging! This is my first new car since my 2011 Mazda3 which has a healthy amount of dings and nicks, so the exterior stuff on the Model 3 is easy to get past...especially if they end up fixing it at no cost. Very happy!

Reactions: Arctic_White