Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before delivery did you see your vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 2 weeks ago. Delivery appt scheduled for June 8th. Still no VIN. How long after configuration/before delivery did you see your VIN?
Reach out to Tesla and/or your Delivery Advisor they should be able to give you that information. I have also heard that copying and pasting the following link and scrolling through the code tends to reveal the vin. Search for :5YJ

view-source:https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn(INSERT RN# HERE)

It varies all over the place. They've got to have a car before they can assign a VIN. And since they tend to produce one color/configuration at a time, It may be immediately for someone and 6 weeks later for someone else.

June 8th may or may not be a realistic date. And be ready, when you get the email, it's often only a day or two before pickup, so after all your financing and insurance in place.

• Informative
Reactions: Rg3500
I'm picking my Model 3 Tuesday. After seeing some posts about recent VIN numbers, I'm concerned that I'm getting a sales demo model. My VIN ends in 3899xx. Would you folks who have just received VINs be willing to share your masked last 6 digits?

32 days after order I received an early morning email with a vin number saying my car was in and I could pick it up as soon as that day.
My online account said nothing.

Sent Vin to my insurance company and got coverage and an ID card
Send Insurance ID card To Tesla and posted on my Tesla account
Account updated with final MVPA and reflected Vin Number
Sent MVPA and Vin to my finance company.

Next day finance company approved walked through the numbers and over nighted me final payment check. Informed Tesla by email and online account updated delivery date to following day.

The next day picked up car in late afternoon.
Inspected in showroom, signed and never looked back

Reactions: sunfarm and Rg3500
I'm picking my Model 3 Tuesday. After seeing some posts about recent VIN numbers, I'm concerned that I'm getting a sales demo model. My VIN ends in 3899xx. Would you folks who have just received VINs be willing to share your masked last 6 digits?

You definitely shouldn't be worried about that. Did you get your VIN on Friday the 31st or thereabouts??

Check out the Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet and sort by VIN.. you will see that the VINs are assigned as they produce batches of cars that are the same trim level (ie.... huge batches of LR AWD, then batches of SR+, etc).

Based on your VIN and that tracking sheet I'm guessing you definitely got a LR AWD and VIN was assigned sometime in the last 2-3 days of May. And then I'm also gonna take a guess and say you got Blue, but I'm not as sure about that.

You definitely shouldn't be worried about that. Did you get your VIN on Friday the 31st or thereabouts??

Check out the Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet and sort by VIN.. you will see that the VINs are assigned as they produce batches of cars that are the same trim level (ie.... huge batches of LR AWD, then batches of SR+, etc).

Based on your VIN and that tracking sheet I'm guessing you definitely got a LR AWD and VIN was assigned sometime in the last 2-3 days of May. And then I'm also gonna take a guess and say you got Blue, but I'm not as sure about that.

You dead on with my config. Confirmed with support in a chat session this morning that that LR AWD, Blue, 19" wheel Model 3 was born on May 30th and has far lower mileage than shown on the sales agreement AND has APH4 (hw3). I appreciate the insights.

Reactions: Moze1021
I got my vin yesterday. Delivery scheduled for Friday. MVPA showed up today in my account. Delivery center said my car should arrive tomorrow night though. They’re giving me a call tomorrow to update me.

I got my VIN today (Tuesday, 6/4), delivery tentatively scheduled for Saturday, 6/8. It didn't show up in my account, but when I called them they had a VIN for me and I was able to set up an appointment. My account page now reflects the appointment date and VIN.

They would probably call me at some point, but it looks like their processes are still not working well, especially their account page being up to date, so it makes sense to call them periodically to get the latest status update.

How long ago did you actually order? I’m trying to get a better idea of the timeline. I barely ordered my custom on Sunday 6/2 and hoping it actually falls within their 2-3 weeks. Or is that not the case at all for everyone?

I got my VIN today (Tuesday, 6/4), delivery tentatively scheduled for Saturday, 6/8. It didn't show up in my account, but when I called them they had a VIN for me and I was able to set up an appointment. My account page now reflects the appointment date and VIN.

They would probably call me at some point, but it looks like their processes are still not working well, especially their account page being up to date, so it makes sense to call them periodically to get the latest status update.