Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before delivery did you see your vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on June 6. Got my VIN on June 11. With first 3 digit being 734. Asked my SA if there will be usb port / wireless charging and they answered that its only available in S and X model. Weird..

I have a feeling either we're not getting it in Canada for a while or the SAs haven't been properly trained on the change yet, I have a delivery for the 27th so I asked my SA and he said it's still in the factory but he thinks it will come with USB-A. He did tell me he will put down a reminder for him to check when they take delivery at the delivery centre and let me know for sure.

Ordered on June 6. Got my VIN on June 11. With first 3 digit being 734. Asked my SA if there will be usb port / wireless charging and they answered that its only available in S and X model. Weird..

Your car will have it, I don't doubt it. I picked ordered my M3 SR+ on May 6, and picked it up in Vancouver yesterday. It came with wireless charging / USB-C.

I have a feeling either we're not getting it in Canada for a while or the SAs haven't been properly trained on the change yet, I have a delivery for the 27th so I asked my SA and he said it's still in the factory but he thinks it will come with USB-A. He did tell me he will put down a reminder for him to check when they take delivery at the delivery centre and let me know for sure.

I found out a couple of days before I actually got my delivery that my SA was very new. I'm guessing they hired a bunch of people when they started pushing cars out again. I dealt with great people, but when I tried to ask specific questions about my car before I had my VIN assigned I got pretty vague answers, and I think the reality is that they just don't know much.

As I said, mine came with the additions. My SA was able to confirm that my car was complete on June 7, and I took delivery 5 days later (which when I stopped to think about it, that was pretty cool!)

Reactions: Arctic_White
I picked up yesterday and the car is great! Found a couple of exterior issues (paint/scratch and door alignment issue), so I scheduled a mobile service appointment and am following-up with Tesla to ensure those are covered under the warranty as I noticed them at time of pickup. Overall though the car is absolutely fantastic. I think it's a Model 3 that was manufactured after Fremont re-opened, as the center console includes wireless charging! This is my first new car since my 2011 Mazda3 which has a healthy amount of dings and nicks, so the exterior stuff on the Model 3 is easy to get past...especially if they end up fixing it at no cost. Very happy!

Congrats man!!! I am looking forward to the new updates in 2 weeks when I go pick up my Model 3. Having the wireless pad will save some money to get the Homelink. :D

Your car will have it, I don't doubt it. I picked ordered my M3 SR+ on May 6, and picked it up in Vancouver yesterday. It came with wireless charging / USB-C.

I found out a couple of days before I actually got my delivery that my SA was very new. I'm guessing they hired a bunch of people when they started pushing cars out again. I dealt with great people, but when I tried to ask specific questions about my car before I had my VIN assigned I got pretty vague answers, and I think the reality is that they just don't know much.

As I said, mine came with the additions. My SA was able to confirm that my car was complete on June 7, and I took delivery 5 days later (which when I stopped to think about it, that was pretty cool!)

thanks for the reassurance. Was offered to pick up tomorrow (thats super quick) but had to delay it til next week so they'll be giving me a new VIN. So excited but also gotta wait for the floor mats first.

I ordered SR+ June 8, VIN in source code June 11, SA called to tell me VIN on June 13 and that the car's "birthday" was June 11. Still no text to "schedule" delivery though looking at my account, it is scheduled for June 16. Well, as I was writing this comment, I got a text saying it was "tentatively scheduled" for the 16th and that a rep will contact 24-48 hours prior to confirm. Things seem to be moving pretty damn quickly right now.

For the record, on my call from the SA, he confirmed that the car will have the rear USB-C ports and wireless charging, so I have that going for me...Which is nice.

Reactions: TShockeyFamily
I ordered 12 May, received a VIN on 2 Jun, but don’t have a delivery date yet.
Red LR AWD, Black, 19”, in Ottawa.

I just got a text today:

"Your Model 3 has arrived earlier than expected! Please select an earlier appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RNxxx

If you do not choose a new appointment by this evening, you will be returned to your current appointment on 6/19 at 4:00 PM.

This is an automated message, please reach out to your Tesla Advisor or respond to this text with any questions."

This is awesome! Unfortunately, I'm not moving back to Ottawa until 10 Jul. My brother is going to pick up the car for me and store it in my garage until I get there. So now I'll have a brand new car that I can't drive for almost a month. I think it's going to be a long month...

Has anyone had a situation where the SA had the VIN before source/online? I called yesterday with a few questions and the SA answered them but also said the car still hadn’t crossed the border and therefore he doesn’t have the VIN, I called today with a question I forgot to ask yesterday, and a different SA said the car was already at the delivery centre and that he had a VIN. The VIN doesn’t show up online on the site or in source code.

I’m curious if this is normal or if there’s a mixup on what car is assigned to me.