Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long can we leave Tesla outside in winter.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are going away for about a month in January. We live in NJ where temperatures average high 40’s, low 29. If we leave the battery at 90%, how long will it take to drain? We live in a high rise with no way to plug it in. Any suggestions, tips?

Thank You.

I am not qualified to provide all the answers as I live in Austin - Texas and park my car in my garage. But I can say that if you turn off Sentrymode, battery drain should be little and there is no reason why you cannot leave the Tesla outside for a month. In my experience, Sentrymode and Cabin Overheat protection have been the biggest battery drains. I have left my vehicle at Austin airport for 7+ days and barely seen any loss at all. This is with Sentrymode turned off but with outside temps at 90-100F. Try not to connect to your car via the app too as that powers on the car and will use some battery. I trust that others will add to this conversation.

We are going away for about a month in January. We live in NJ where temperatures average high 40’s, low 29. If we leave the battery at 90%, how long will it take to drain? We live in a high rise with no way to plug it in. Any suggestions, tips?

Thank You.

What is your daily drain right now? Ideally you'd have data over a longer period of time. Multiply by the number of days, and you'll have a rough estimate. Add whatever buffer lets you sleep at night.

Reactions: android04