Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long from finding your vin online to receiving the delivery call?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Configured 2/22, white with sport wheels. After checking myTesla page yesterday morning I found my vin posted (Vin# 82XX)! Now I'm anxiously checking my phone every minute waiting for the delivery call!

Has anyone found their vin before they received the phone call for delivery and remember how long that took?

Thanks!

Most frequently, 6-10 days for delivery after VIN assignment. Location seems to play a big part. If you're in Cali, you might get the car much sooner. On the east coast, it can take a lot longer (car takes a train ride across the country, gets dropped off at a rally point, and is then taken to a service center via car carrier truck). East coast deliveries seem to be 2-3 weeks after VIN assignment.

Reactions: omar
Where do you see the VIN assigned on the site? I clicked Manage and dont see anywhere where VIN is mentioned?

It will appear in two places. The first is the landing page as soon as you log in to your "TESLA ACCOUNT" page. Where it says "Model 3" and under it is your RN######, the RN number will be replaced by the VIN when it's assigned.

Then when you click in to the model 3, on the next page, the VIN will show as a separate line item underneath the "Reservation Number."

Reactions: Sandiegodoug
VIN assigned 3/7. Seven agonizing days later, still no delivery date. I'm hoping they're not waiting for the hyperloop to be built between Fremont and Honolulu (as cool as that would be). :p

My VIN was assigned shortly after yours. I called yesterday because I wanted to get a rough estimate on delivery timing, they told me my car was on its way to the port before getting shipped over, and it sounded like it might take at least 15-20 days to get here (but they didn't have a firm date to give me).

• Informative
Reactions: fseir
Hello all,

Configured 2/22, white with sport wheels. After checking myTesla page yesterday morning I found my vin posted (Vin# 82XX)! Now I'm anxiously checking my phone every minute waiting for the delivery call!

Has anyone found their vin before they received the phone call for delivery and remember how long that took?

Thanks!
5 days till I heard from the ISA after VIN assignment. She also gave me a rough delivery estimate of 2 weeks but said it could be sooner. She said that she’ll call back with a solid date once they get a transportation update.

My VIN was assigned shortly after yours. I called yesterday because I wanted to get a rough estimate on delivery timing, they told me my car was on its way to the port before getting shipped over, and it sounded like it might take at least 15-20 days to get here (but they didn't have a firm date to give me).
Well, you got more information than I did! I was told by the phone rep that she doesn't have access to any vehicle information, and that I'd have to wait until my "owner adviser" contacts me. :(