Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to get a new car if you reject?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have rejected Y's, how long did it take to get assigned a new car? I have arranged to sell a car, and likely can not back out. Also I have 3rd party financing, which has been a lot more work to set up rather than having the dealer do it, not a deal breaker, but a consideration.

I know I am being paranoid, but seeing multiple QC issues and reading here has not helped. Plus, seeing what is on the lot at the service center, I see many there have these issues. A 50K plus car should be near perfect, I have bought Toyota's, Audi's, Lexus', Ford's, Acura's, VW's and they were all perfect off the lot.

I'm sort of in the same situation. I was on my way to take delivery this past Saturday (9/26) only to receive a call from Tesla that my Model Y had been damaged in transit and was not fit to be sold to me. The call was 15 minutes before my appointment, and I was literally a mile from the service center. They said they'd try to locate me another vehicle with my specs (LR AWD, blue, tow package, no other options), but I haven't heard a word since then - no email, text, or call. I have no idea when I'll get another car.

Right now, no telling. If you reject it, it will be delivered to somebody else in a hour.

I was looking around the lot for my car yesterday, but it was not there, yet. An employee spotted me, and I said I was looking for my car to get a sneak peak, my pickup is in 2 days. He looked up my vin and found the car for me, 3 states away (it arrived last night). Very nice guy, but he knew why I was there. What worried me is he was giving my a line that people buying a car from an only 10 year old company should not hold it to the same quality standards as established brands. Besides, he argued you are buying the car for the cutting edge tech, not perfect fit and finish so people should just except those issues. He even went as far a mildly making fun of a guy who showed up with a delivery check list.

Again, he was very nice, and very helpful, when he did not need to be. So top notch customer service for that. Just not sure I liked being softly told to ignore QC issues.

For those who are rejecting, aren’t the cosmetic and panel issues covered under warranty repair? I get one wants to minimize the number of issues, but if Tesla is going to end up fixing them anyway why add the extra time and stress for a new car and redelivery?

This wasn’t so much a rejection but I had a vin assigned for a MYP. Was supposed to pick up in a week when I read about Tesla’s offer to owners of the long range offering speed boost for 2k. That day I called my SA at Carlsbad and told him I was considering changing to a long range instead of the performance and then buying the boost. He could not have been more accommodating. He released the vin I had on the account and did a search for one without performance. One was not immediately available so he told me he would lmk as soon as something came up. Two days later, he calls and tells me that one just came off production with my specs. They shipped it from San Jose and it arrived on 9/30 along with 230 other Teslas that sold that day from Carlsbad. I have a very good feeling about them making their numbers this quarter!