Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Long to Review Service Visit...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be service center specific, but the past three? four? appts I have scheduled in the app, there was no activity/review by Tesla until 48 hrs prior to the scheduled time. I've had multiple appts rescheduled at that point because they did not have parts and would not get them in that short of a turnaround.

Reactions: WilliamG
It may be service center specific, but the past three? four? appts I have scheduled in the app, there was no activity/review by Tesla until 48 hrs prior to the scheduled time. I've had multiple appts rescheduled at that point because they did not have parts and would not get them in that short of a turnaround.
I've experienced this exact same behavior across multiple service centers in the Colorado area. It's created some very crappy situations in almost every case as well. Should be super simple to open a request for service to determine what parts need to be on hand and properly stock said parts for the upcoming appointment. Great plan on Tesla's part but horrible execution makes it worse than the existing dealer model where it could potentially be better if somebody actually cared enough to use the tools for good instead of evil.

I've experienced this exact same behavior across multiple service centers in the Colorado area. It's created some very crappy situations in almost every case as well. Should be super simple to open a request for service to determine what parts need to be on hand and properly stock said parts for the upcoming appointment. Great plan on Tesla's part but horrible execution makes it worse than the existing dealer model where it could potentially be better if somebody actually cared enough to use the tools for good instead of evil.
That's a bit troubling. I'll hope for better luck!

I made a Service Center appointment about a week ago for a date about two weeks from now. The app tells me they will "begin review shortly" on the specifics (I presume). My question is how long is 'normal' for this review?

Thanks in advance.
UPDATE:

I just wanted to provide a quick update on this question so folks knew how the Indianapolis Service Center seems to operate. I received a very friendly and complete plan for addressing my concerns along with the estimate today via the Tesla app. As it turns out, my appointment is for 1 week from today and I find this to be a very reasonable timeline for providing the repair strategy and estimate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gumball
My experience is similar to Away2Maine, only better. I always use the app to book service. Within 24 to 48 hours, I get a text from the tech person telling me what he thinks, asking for more info, and he looks at the car logs. Then, I get a parts order notification, when appropriate, and the car is either scheduled for mobile service, if it can do the job, or an appointment at the service center, or the tech solves the problem remotely. Then I get notified the part has reached Tesla. The service is then performed where scheduled. I think most of the time it is less efficient to deal with the service center, because then you have no action taken by Tesla until just before you take in your car, even on something that can be fixed remotely or with mobile service. Why bother?