Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long was your wait in line? (I think we were at the slowest store..)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As AEdennis mentioned earlier, I arrived at Brea about 9:20 AM to find the line with about 315 people. I estimate the line at 400 by 10 AM based on other reports. I had a feeling this line would move slowly.

My plan was to go to Fashion Island, but I stopped by Costa Mesa about 10:20 to check on the situation. 6 persons were taking orders and Tesla staff said every 30 seconds a person would enter. The line was at 244 when I got in line (30 minutes had expired, so 60 may have been served earlier). The estimate to be done by 12:30 PM worked perfectly, as the Tesla employees were processing the reservations as fast as possible (120 an hour).

Since Brea had 3 people taking reservations (4 later that day), I was able to return to Brea and chat with AEdennis and his family. It was an exciting day to reserve a place in line for an amazing new Tesla designed electric vehicle.

That's faster than what we had. What number were you in line?

That seems a little faster than Brea...

Not too many people in line there. Must be the effect of expired GA State incentives... Can you imagine what the price would have been if GA still had its state incentives.

That's a SIX hour wait (or five minutes according to when they opened metric).

Still earlier than online orders.

Funny! Latest is SC all the way to Alaska (according Elon's latest tweets...) just no word of when that portion of SC network would be complete

How many order takers?

I arrived at Buena Park before 9:00 AM. The line was very long, more importantly, there was nowhere to park nearby... So, that's what made us go to Brea.

Still earlier than me. 11:00 AM Hawaii time is 2:00 PM Pacific Time, if I'm not mistaken... And I reserved at 2:16 PM Pacific. (six minutes later than you.)

That's hardcore. I think you beat the weather that Montreal had to deal with. (they had rain and you had snow...)

Thanks for the clarification, that means we were pacing the same.

We got a lot of folks from San Bernardino and Riverside in Brea.

Tesla store in Vegas? Still a line at 2:50pm?

At the Tyson's Corner-Tyco Rd., Virginia store there must have been 6 order takers. To be honest, I was so excited I didn't pay much attention!

There was probably about 500 people at my store and i was about 200th. Opened at 9am and i probably got my reservation around 10:10? It went pretty quick!. Very efficient. They had 4 computers running at once.

18 hours

Got in line at 4pm the previous day and was done with reservation at 10:02 on the morning of the 31st. I was 3rd in line at the Walnut Creek store.

There were 350-400 people in line when the doors opened at 10am. When I drove by after lunch at 12:30 there were still around 150 in line.

18 hours

Got in line at 4pm the previous day and was done with reservation at 10:02 on the morning of the 31st. I was 3rd in line at the Walnut Creek store.

There were 350-400 people in line when the doors opened at 10am. When I drove by after lunch at 12:30 there were still around 150 in line.

I was at the other end of the Walnut Creek line, about #375 I'd guess. :( Got in line just after 10am and was done about 2pm- 4 people taking deposits. There was still 100+ people in line when I left.

I went to the Palo Alto store (on El Camino NOT Stanford) and arrived around 7:45 or 8am. Based on what I heard, I was ~80th in line, and I was through the reservation process by ~10:20am. They had a pretty efficient set-up; I'd guess 10+ employees taking reservations on computers, iPads, etc.

18 hours

I was at the other end of the Walnut Creek line, about #375 I'd guess. :( Got in line just after 10am and was done about 2pm- 4 people taking deposits. There was still 100+ people in line when I left.

Wow! Yeah I saw the line come full circle all the way around the block and back to the store front shortly before the doors opened. I probably looked right at you as I walked out. The construction crew across the street continued all through the night with their masonry saw the night before. We didn't get much sleep so was super glad to be done.

Washington Square mall, Portland Oregon. Arrived at 7am (3 hours prior to opening) and landed about number 100 in line. Tesla brought cookies somewhere along the way. At 10 the line started moving, and by 10:50 I had my reservation. 3h 50m.

Oak Brook center Chicago subsurbs. Got there about 9:15 reserved about 11:30. Estimate about 200 hundred in front of us when we arrived. They had one person on a computer and one person on a tablet taking reservations. I got the tablet person. I thought it went pretty quick.

Washington square mall Portland Oregon arrived at 4:40am mall security told me to leave and come back at 6am. Drove around mall for 30 minutes then got in line at 5:10am. I was number 9 in line. Reserved at 10:05am

Yeah I was there at 2:30am, circling, kept getting booted by security three times, finally went for breakfast at 4am. Came back at 5:30 and yep security caved and allowed the line to form. By that point, I was 14 in line, but I think because of the way they handled the multiple registration points once the store opened, I may have been number 7 registered and out the store.

I believe there were more than 500 in line by 10am, but they had 7 registration points, three iMacs, and 4 tablets. So the line I'm told was handled shortly after 1pm. Not counting all the walk-ins after that. Process was very efficient, about a minute per person (with no hiccups).

Here's the line outside at 9:45am (not counting the 60 of us that were allowed to wait inside) sped up 2x

Last edited: