Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many [lifetime] miles do you have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! What's been your experience with reliability and battery life?
I think the silver exterior color is beautiful; was sad to see it discontinued.
Ive been really impressed, overall its been very reliable w/ only a few repairs. As for battery life full charge hovers around 265-270, so right about what they estimated..
The biggest issue I've had is due to the radiators (AC condenser and vehicle radiator) and how the are angled back and the only air flow is through them, which makes them a great place to collect road crap and plug all of the fins. The car is smart, and if it is having difficulties cooling its batteries it will turn off the passenger ac so it has a better chance of keeping itself cool. I'd recommend every 70k or so removing the frunk liner and hosing out the condenser and radiator. I also added a screen on the intake to help with the issue.
Other than that, tires and washer fluid has been its maintenance.

Ive been really impressed, overall its been very reliable w/ only a few repairs. As for battery life full charge hovers around 265-270, so right about what they estimated..
The biggest issue I've had is due to the radiators (AC condenser and vehicle radiator) and how the are angled back and the only air flow is through them, which makes them a great place to collect road crap and plug all of the fins. The car is smart, and if it is having difficulties cooling its batteries it will turn off the passenger ac so it has a better chance of keeping itself cool. I'd recommend every 70k or so removing the frunk liner and hosing out the condenser and radiator. I also added a screen on the intake to help with the issue.
Good info on the radiator; thanks!

I have a 2018 and also had to clean the radiator section as well. Mine has about 220,000km’s or 137,000 miles now.
I found the only way to truly clean out all the leaves, dirt and debris was to remove the liner, and bumper. Even then, you have to ease the black housing up as far as it will go to vacuum out, then spray out the debris. It worked well, but not exactly an easy job.
Super important though. When your exterior cooling fan is loud and constant when the AC is on, that’s a good indicator it’s long over due for cleaning.

I have a 2018 and also had to clean the radiator section as well. Mine has about 220,000km’s or 137,000 miles now.
I found the only way to truly clean out all the leaves, dirt and debris was to remove the liner, and bumper. Even then, you have to ease the black housing up as far as it will go to vacuum out, then spray out the debris. It worked well, but not exactly an easy job.
Super important though. When your exterior cooling fan is loud and constant when the AC is on, that’s a good indicator it’s long over due for cleaning.
Here's a video on doing without removing the bumper:

• Informative
Reactions: Subie2M3
Here's a video on doing without removing the bumper:

You still need to remove the bumper if you want to clean out a very plugged radiator. He even says that in his video.
A little regular maintenance and cleaning, sure. Full clean. Bumper needs to come off, so you can access the lower clips. That still won’t let you remove the cover completely, but it’s just enough to do a decent job.

Reactions: PianoAl
Currently at 141,260 miles on my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD, made in March 2018.

I've had no issues that kept me from driving it.

Driver side front upper control arm was replaced under warranty around 32,000 miles because the ball joint got water in it and it would creak loudly.

Charge port door flap was replaced around the same time because it would not always open by itself and I would sometimes have to pry it up with my fingers.

My original 12v lead acid battery still worked at about 115,000 miles when I replaced it. I replaced it because I noticed that the car would wake up more often to charge it, and I wanted to reduce the cycles on my high voltage battery contractors.

I replaced the front upper control arms myself around 120,000 with aftermarket ones to keep them from creaking ever again.

I love this car and plan to keep it as long as I can. The past year and a half I've been driving over 35,000 miles a year.

Currently at 141,260 miles on my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD, made in March 2018.

I've had no issues that kept me from driving it.

Driver side front upper control arm was replaced under warranty around 32,000 miles because the ball joint got water in it and it would creak loudly.

Charge port door flap was replaced around the same time because it would not always open by itself and I would sometimes have to pry it up with my fingers.

My original 12v lead acid battery still worked at about 115,000 miles when I replaced it. I replaced it because I noticed that the car would wake up more often to charge it, and I wanted to reduce the cycles on my high voltage battery contractors.

I replaced the front upper control arms myself around 120,000 with aftermarket ones to keep them from creaking ever again.

I love this car and plan to keep it as long as I can. The past year and a half I've been driving over 35,000 miles a year.
I have the same exact M3 as yours but at 63k miles and I love it. How much has your battery degraded?

Would you please say more about the arms? Mine were replaced just a few miles prior to the warranty expiring and they almost immediately started creaking again but not as bad.

I love my 2019 LR 3 and want to keep it 10 years if possible. About 10k miles per year.