Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you are upgrading their refreshed 70kwh to a 75kwh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Questions:

Based on inputs here, is it safe to conclude with the new 60 that:
- owners will be able to charge to 60 kW
- software won't impact charging time to 60 KW. In other words charging time to 60 kW are the same whether end user purchase the $9k upgrade to unlock 75kw

I know we need to see an actual vehicle before we know for sure but seing the behavior of the 70 and 75 do you believe the above is correct?

Thanks

Mine is still in delivery process, but for now I'm good with no upgrade. We will see how it works for me. When I decided on 70 it was that or 90. I evaluated the two cars and based on my driving, I chose the 70. When the 75 game out I looked at again and the 70 still looked like the extra 18 miles wouldn't change much. Everyone has their own requirements. It's nice to have options!
Who knows, I may change this later.

Mine is still in delivery process, but for now I'm good with no upgrade. We will see how it works for me. When I decided on 70 it was that or 90. I evaluated the two cars and based on my driving, I chose the 70. When the 75 game out I looked at again and the 70 still looked like the extra 18 miles wouldn't change much. Everyone has their own requirements. It's nice to have options!
Who knows, I may change this later.

Would you have upgraded to 75 if it also made the car faster?

I have a 70D coming late this month, and yes, I would have upgraded if it made the car faster (by at least 0.3 0-60). I'd pay 3K for more speed and more range, but not 13K, hence no 90D.

I totally agree but wasn't smart enough to do my research before pulling trigger on the upgrade. Total waste! In two weeks, I've never dipped below 200km of range but would have liked slightly more speed.

So after 10 days and multiple calls to my DS I finally have my 75 upgrade that I paid for. I actually do need the range for the trips I normally take. 100% full charge is 253 which is just great for me. I was told by my DS that every car is hand picked to be upgraded. That a specific technician from the Fremont factory had to personally upgrade it for me. The OTA update took about 25 min to install.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: ggnykk and rcsting
Same dilemma here. I've thought long about it, but decided to stay a 70D for now, knowing I can always get the 75D afterwards.

It probably helps that I live in California and there's literally 3 supercharger stations within a 30 minute drive, and almost every place I go has destination charging…. But I just didn't think $3k for 19 rated miles was that compelling. Sure the 75D badge would be cool, but living around here if you don't have a McLaren you've lost pretty much any shot at people being impressed with your car, so I just gave up on it altogether.

3 SC in 30 miles radius. I live in the area as well. Drive 30 miles there to super charge and 30 miles home, lol equal net lol.

I would love to have within 5 miles lol

3 SC in 30 miles radius. I live in the area as well. Drive 30 miles there to super charge and 30 miles home, lol equal net lol.

I would love to have within 5 miles lol
Well I'm maybe 10 minutes from the factory supercharger and 15 minutes from the one in MTV, and both are fairly on the way to other stuff I'd be doing anyway.

I actually don't intend on supercharging regularly (I've got chargers at both ends of my commute but they can be busy), mainly as a last resort. But it's no less convenient for me than the commute to a gas station.