Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you are upgrading their refreshed 70kwh to a 75kwh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know what kind of tests you would like me to do. So far I can only say what the percentages get with the 70 officially. The 75 numbers are just using the +19 mile spec. I will be able to verify the numbers once I get the damn update. Lol.

Model S70
90% = 208
100% = 233
Tested and this what I get at those percentages.

Model S75
90% = 227
100% = 252
Just specualtion. I will confirm once tesla decides to release my 19 miles.

The test I'm curious about is the rate of charge change as a supercharger chargers your car from 80% to 100%.

To see if it quickly tapers off or if it continues at a pretty good clip.

In previous tests owners have done time lapse of the charging screen with their phone throughout the entire charge, and then played it back.

My bet is if we did a direct comparison that your charge rate at 99% will be higher than my charge rate at 99% despite the fact that both of have a 70. Because you actually have a 75 even though the extra capacity isn't unlocked.
Gotcha! I will do this test. I'm driving to San Diego from Orange County tomorrow. So I will do one those videos.

Currently I am on 70. Waiting for the update because I already paid. What kind of test would you like? At 100% I get 233 miles. I should get 252 miles with the 75 update.
You can also compare your charging speed against this one. This 70D was a "legacy" 70 battery that was launched last year. Not the 75kwh that is limited to 70kwh. Bjorn did the test in km instead of miles. But either way, please use distance (km or miles) to compare the charging speed to your car, rather than using %. If you get a charging speed faster than this video, then it is definitely good news.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
I received my 75D two weeks ago. The upgrade from the 70D was a total waste.

They tell you to limit the charge to 90% for the "health of the battery" which is basically the equivalent of charging the 70D to 100%

I can't believe they haven't increased the performance of the 75D, it should absolutely be marginally faster than the 60D or 70D.

I feel like I was totally ripped off but very happy with the car other than this.

I think everyone with a 75D would feel better about paying for the upgrade if it also came with a slight increase to the 0 to 60.... Something just below 5 seconds which we know is possible if the 85D could do 4.4 seconds with same motors.

• Informative
Reactions: bradjc and ggnykk
How much more likel
Was wondering how many of us are doing the over the air upgrade to the full potential battery pack 75kwh? I have been telling myself yes then a few days go by and really think I don't need the additional 19 or so miles especially for the 3k! On the other it would be really cool to have the full potential of the battery and the 75D badge LOL. Just wanted to get some feeback from actual people who are in my shoes is all.....

Delivery should be next week :D
Wait until they include a performance boost with the 75D, I did the upgrade and it was a waste of money.

Reactions: Tellotes
I received my 75D two weeks ago. The upgrade from the 70D was a total waste.

They tell you to limit the charge to 90% for the "health of the battery" which is basically the equivalent of charging the 70D to 100%

I can't believe they haven't increased the performance of the 75D, it should absolutely be marginally faster than the 60D or 70D.

I feel like I was totally ripped off but very happy with the car other than this.

I think everyone with a 75D would feel better about paying for the upgrade if it also came with a slight increase to the 0 to 60.... Something just below 5 seconds which we know is possible if the 85D could do 4.4 seconds with same motors.
Is your car and badge updated? Can you send me a picture of your dash saying 75? I am still waiting for my update. My DS gave me the run around and I already paid for the upgrade.

Is your car and badge updated? Can you send me a picture of your dash saying 75? I am still waiting for my update. My DS gave me the run around and I already paid for the upgrade.

I received the software upgrade but not the badge. Apparently waiting on the badge for another couple week. They should be able to do the software upgrade easily, they did it overnight. If I had the option, I'd cancel it and stick with the 70D and just change setting to charge battery to 100% vs the 90% they'll recommend with the 75D

Attachments

• 75d photo.jpg
    75d photo.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 77
I received the software upgrade but not the badge. Apparently waiting on the badge for another couple week. They should be able to do the software upgrade easily, they did it overnight. If I had the option, I'd cancel it and stick with the 70D and just change setting to charge battery to 100% vs the 90% they'll recommend with the 75D
How did you do the upgrade? I picked up my car in Fremont on June 3rd and the car said 70 but my paper work said 75. I still don't have the update. I need the upgrade because I drive from Orange County to San Diego twice a week and I need the extra 15-20 miles.

I had the same problem. At the orientation pick up, I noticed that the screen said 70... they were apologetic and said they'd figure it out. They called back and said it would be fixed overnight. The next morning the screen said 75D.

It really seemed like it was easy for them.

I had the same problem. At the orientation pick up, I noticed that the screen said 70... they were apologetic and said they'd figure it out. They called back and said it would be fixed overnight. The next morning the screen said 75D.

It really seemed like it was easy for them.
I feel like I'm getting the run around with them. I just emailed them to ask them what's going on with my upgrade that I already paid for!!

How did you do the upgrade? I picked up my car in Fremont on June 3rd and the car said 70 but my paper work said 75. I still don't have the update. I need the upgrade because I drive from Orange County to San Diego twice a week and I need the extra 15-20 miles.

So with your car as a 70 now does it let you set the charge level to 100% or does it limit you to setting it to 93%? (How are they "hiding" the extra 5kWh?)

Let me know what kind of tests you would like me to do. So far I can only say what the percentages get with the 70 officially. The 75 numbers are just using the +19 mile spec. I will be able to verify the numbers once I get the damn update. Lol.

Model S70
90% = 208
100% = 233
Tested and this what I get at those percentages.

Model S75
90% = 227
100% = 252
Just specualtion. I will confirm once tesla decides to release my 19 miles.

I charged my 75D to 100% to verify the range. It showed 256 miles range with 10 minutes left to complete charging. Now I just need my 75 badge :)

Yeah. I maybe charge to 100% once a week and I use it right away. Sometimes I charge twice to 100% a week. I shoot weddings so I'd rather charge up and not have to find a charging station.

That's the correct use of 100% and will have negligible to no impact on your battery's lifespan. There's almost no downsides to charging to 100% and then immediately using it.