TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How many of you have done this?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by macgeng, Jan 31, 2019.

1. macgeng

macgeng Member

2. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Ho Noooooo. Sincerely sympathize with you.

3. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Ouch, that is my nightmare scenario.

• Like x 1
  4. wamochi

wamochi Member

omg :eek:

i can relate to kids being the HUGE distraction in cars. forget about cell phones, eating food, etc. kids are way more distracting! and if you are behind schedule and in a hurry, look out :rolleyes:

but no, i've never done that and i find it strange that people can so easily tune out all the red warnings for the FWD being open. not only on the IC and MCU display, the system also beeps if you try to move with doors open.

• Like x 4
  5. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

I don't know if that was the kid crying, the car crying, or the owner..........

6. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

7. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

The driver is at fault, obviously. BUT.... I have almost done that by thinking I pressed the button and missed it. I have since always pressed the close all button instead just to be safe. I know you shouldn't pull away until the doors are closed fully but I admit I have started rolling on occasion when the doors were close to 80% closed.

I am sure she heard the beep for the passenger door closing and thought both doors were closing. Feel so bad for this person. The head on the steering wheel says it all. Totally defeated.

8. IanMcL

IanMcL Member

I felt the pain.