Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV servicing costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on the car, it never hurts to keep an eye on the tread wear and if you are getting some uneven wear, consider swapping them around. But don't do it just for the sake of it.

UK cars tend to chew through front tyres a bit thanks to all of the roundabouts, but I was quite surprised that all 4 tyres hit 2mm at almost exactly the same time.

I had a 2 year service carried on my M3LR by Tesla at Chester
Air filters supply and fit
Brake fluid check - all ok
4 wheel rotation
Brake callipers 4 off services
4 wheel alignment
Windscreen wipers supply and fit
Headlight alignment

£245. 2 hours.
That’s a bargain. I’ve been quoted for 2 year service:

Brake callipers lubrication service £119
Wheel rotation £40
Brake fluid check £17
cabin filters £49
+ VAT
Total £270

I challenged them on the cost of the wheel rotation since the wheels are off for the calliper service and it’s just a matter of putting the wheels back on in a different order. But they do everything by the book rates.

That’s a bargain. I’ve been quoted for 2 year service:

Brake callipers lubrication service £119
Wheel rotation £40
Brake fluid check £17
cabin filters £49
+ VAT
Total £270

I challenged them on the cost of the wheel rotation since the wheels are off for the calliper service and it’s just a matter of putting the wheels back on in a different order. But they do everything by the book rates.

Fyi most places dont check the brake fluid, just change it...you are getting much more for your money than in my first post... The kicker is that they still check for other stuff if there is money to be made or advisories to let you know about :)