Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't know the interior of the CT came from the 3; I assume you have been inside one. X and CT have the same range by the way (340). Wonder how often truck owners use the full bed; is it more of a capability that may come in handy once in a while or one that's put into use daily.
That's not how range works, unfortunately.

The CT is larger, heavier, with a bigger front (worse aero) and will do far worse than the X on the interstate, which does far worse than the S on the interstate.

When I had my truck, I used the bed once a week to throw stuff in, ladders, etc.

Edit: The CT interior is considered Extremely minimalist, just like the M3. it has a bigger screen, but is very similar to the M3 (especially Highland) interior. The S/X have a much nicer interior with wood or carbon fiber accents, a screen behind the wheel, and sliding compartments.

Didn't know the interior of the CT came from the 3; I assume you have been inside one. X and CT have the same range by the way (340). Wonder how often truck owners use the full bed; is it more of a capability that may come in handy once in a while or one that's put into use daily.
We just learned that the Cybertruck until sometime later in 2024 will only have ~318 miles of EPA whereas the Model X is 348 miles EPA .... once you throw on street tires onto the Cybertruck to pump the range to (estimated) 340 miles... you give up offroading and the massive ground clearance and rugedness, deep wading through water are no longer of use as the tires will be the limiting factor.

if you don't use the bed and don't care about having street tires (= don't offroad) ... then why would you pick the CT over the X ?

and yes - The interior of the Cybertruck looks as spartanic over even worse than the Model 3. The Model X looks more refined plus secondary display behind the screen and certainly no hard plastic vinyl floor mats

Two completely different types of vehicles. The X will haul people better and the CT will haul things better.

I, and many, also believe the CT will be very expensive to insure, won't be as efficient, and cost more to charge.

Also, you can get an X in like a month...the CT, it could be years.
Thank you for mentioning the insurance. I think it will be astronomical

Last edited:
Two completely different types of vehicles. The X will haul people better and the CT will haul things better.

I, and many, also believe the CT will be very expensive to insure, won't be as efficient, and cost more to charge.

Also, you can get an X in like a month...the CT, it could be years.
And if you must have an EV pickup now, there is the Rivian and Lightning to hold you over - while you wait years for your number to come up.

Reactions: TessP100D
That's not how range works, unfortunately.

The CT is larger, heavier, with a bigger front (worse aero) and will do far worse than the X on the interstate, which does far worse than the S on the interstate.

When I had my truck, I used the bed once a week to throw stuff in, ladders, etc.

Edit: The CT interior is considered Extremely minimalist, just like the M3. it has a bigger screen, but is very similar to the M3 (especially Highland) interior. The S/X have a much nicer interior with wood or carbon fiber accents, a screen behind the wheel, and sliding compartments.
Regarding “how range works”, isn’t it basically a function of weight and battery capacity (KWattxhour)? We all know that for the X is 100; are you assuming it’s also 100 for the CT?

that's true devotion.... taking an $80k Cybertruck over a $40k R1T ...
Not devotion; don’t care for Apple much but I have always gone with an iPhone every few years over a Motorola, HTC, Sony, Huawei, Nokia, or Blackberry. You see, to you it’s just a product. Have you ever thought of the cost, effort, and ingenuity that goes into building, improving and maintaining an ecosystem?

If you fancy good deals, Lucid has been selling vehicles that cost it $400-500k each to produce at ~$80k or so. You should go for a garage full of them.

Regarding “how range works”, isn’t it basically a function of weight and battery capacity (KWattxhour)? We all know that for the X is 100; are you assuming it’s also 100 for the CT?
Aero/drag is a much bigger factor than weight. That's why all EV trucks perform poorly on the interstate, including the CT.

It's why the MY is so much less efficient than the M3 and the MX is than the MS.

The CT is the least efficient Tesla and less efficient than the Rivian, even though the Rivian weughs more, but more than the F150L.

Lucid makes the most efficient EV on the market currently.

Not devotion; don’t care for Apple much but I have always gone with an iPhone every few years over a Motorola, HTC, Sony, Huawei, Nokia, or Blackberry. You see, to you it’s just a product. Have you ever thought of the cost, effort, and ingenuity that goes into building, improving and maintaining an ecosystem?

If you fancy good deals, Lucid has been selling vehicles that cost it $400-500k each to produce at ~$80k or so. You should go for a garage full of them.
Samsung makes a better phone IMO, but your Apple comparison is right on when it comes to Tesla in regards to cultists.

Samsung makes a better phone IMO, but your Apple comparison is right on when it comes to Tesla in regards to cultists.
Which Samsung? Is it one that runs on its own OS or those relying on Google and benefiting from its Android OS ecosystem, which does not exist for non-Tesla EV’s. As it stands there are connected (smart) EV’s (Tesla’s) and…those people-movers that are simply battery-driven.

• Funny
Reactions: uscbucsfan