Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In some thread somewhere, I bemoaned the CyberTruck’s lack of a place to store an optional spare, and suggested something like a carrier like you find on Jeeps.

Ryan Shaw just posted this as an option.

53409313888_48b562f6f7_z.jpg

If engineered right, I bet you’ll see a lot of these in use.

I love the look of yours, however I wonder if someone buffed theirs out.....

1703197950273.png

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
I hear people saying that tesla is only going to deliver foundation series cybertrucks for the first year.

If true, can anyone else not help but shake how slimy that feels. "Cybertruck available now. Gives it to a few millionaire/billionaire friends/supporters." Doesn't mention price. Posts a price online ranging 60-100k. 60k not available until 2025. Silently launches foundation series orders. 100-130k...

Maybe price wasn't mentioned because tesla knew they were going to be doing extremely squirrely things with it. I mean if you can only get a 100-130k version in 2024, then isn't that essentially the actual launch price? They are using the far off, maybe never to be delivered prices to shield themselves from articles mentioning they missed the release price of 40k by 250 percent (40k vs 100k which is the cheapest founders edition you can get).

One of the things which originally attracted me to Tesla was how they were straight with you on the pricing of their cars. They listed the price on the website, and that was the price you got. No bs negotiations, no bible size stack of documents to sign, no last minute price increases. They certainly aren't established dealership bad yet, but if it's true only the founders editions are delivered in 2024, then this certainly seems like a move in a exploitative direction.

Musk can charge whatever he wants, deploy his PR dept and then the Tesla Fans will fight to be the first.

Musk himself has said this is a $1 mil car, so he trying to recoup his cost.

What will happen next is RWD will be cut. The AWD will be like the LR Y/3, low priority. But if you want one now, get an AWD Foundation Edition.

I'm thinking many pickup truck owners, and serious off road types, won't go for the CT.

Also, many current Tesla owners, such as me, will probably take a wait and see attitude, knowing the way Tesla handles new launches. Even Elon says it's better to buy after 6 months of solid production.

Here is one idea that would change my mind, if a third party came up with the a rigid, yet retractable camper shell that would make the CT into a viable RV and bug out shelter. Add Starlink and lots of popcorn, and you have secure SHTF entertainment.

Image if a A-Liner Trailer was shoved up the bed of a CT, if you need a visual.

Here is one idea that would change my mind, if a third party came up with the a rigid, yet retractable camper shell that would make the CT into a viable RV and bug out shelter. Add Starlink and lots of popcorn, and you have secure SHTF entertainment.

Image if a A-Liner Trailer was shoved up the bed of a CT, if you need a visual.
This is coming. The company took a ton of preorders and made a few mock-ups, overland expo had one last year.

I disagree with the other side of your post, I think serious off-roaders / truck owners/ construction workers will buy it in droves. Never worrying about scratched paint, tools thrown about, no more forced regen (DPF)… and so on. Pricing is competitive with the trucks they buy anyways, but now they can charge all their tools and not worry of someone breaking in and stealing them.

Prettttty cool!

Production may be limited, some say to 25k units the first year, due to 4680 production.

If Rivian gets NACS next year, could siphon off some CT orders.

I'll be searching up overland options.
There are a bit over 800 vins ready to be delivered as of last month.

Supercharger access to other EVs will likely be slllloooowwwwllllly rolled out. Magic dock&v4 chargers with a “you can use this stall”, much like chademo or a ‘we have a crowded station with 6 teslas coming via navigation, reserve stations for T’s and not all the rest.’
I can’t see tesla shoving their userbase into the garbage can by opening everything up with the charge door placement of most vehicles in the wrong spot. But I suppose time will tell. :)

Porsche got door placement right with the Macan. New taycan battery’s charge curve is insane, too.

Attachments

• IMG_5909.jpeg
    IMG_5909.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 26