Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why on earth wold they back down on this?

3mm steel and next-to-bulletproof glass were more or less top-2 features in the reveal (well, almost, IMO), the steelball incident would only enforce their commitment.

Time wasted, we will know soon enough.
Why? Many reasons such as costs, difficulty to mass produce, etc. It's Elon for crying out loud. Have you not learned yet? Lol

Reactions: afadeev
My biggest question would be how do you take it on trips or if you do not have home charging? From my understanding, pre-V4 SuC charge cables are too short. Do we have to buy a F-150 Lightning to tow it and then drive it locally at the destination? ;)

Your 'understanding' appears wrong. There have been *many* pictures of the charging at pre-v4 Superchargers. May need to back in to the limit to not stretch the coord too much. Dozens of pictures out there tho.

I saw recently, it had a external cable leading from the front bumper to the charge port, might have been a picture from years ago and re-published for clicks. "Journalists" gotta eat, I guess. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
  • Informative
Reactions: scottf200
My biggest question would be how do you take it on trips or if you do not have home charging?
Same as you would any other Tesla, by using Tesla chargers on the road.
BTW, if you don't have home charging, EV ownership will be a b*tch, regardless of the model you buy.

Oh, here's the article.

Any it dispels whatever concerns you were raising about using Tesla chargers.

with "bullet proof" glass being very likely out due to cost/weight reasons & Tesla majorily struggling to fulfill range promises ... and Rivian/F150 getting SuperCharger access next year... not sure there is enough "wow" factor to get folks to meaningfully switch.

additionally Tesla is clearly hitting issues in production/ supply over and over ... it's now mid-October (!) and still no delivery date or specs/prices. The articles stating issues with CT being too heavy due to the excessive use of stainless steel (doh...) and having issues getting near range promises plus cost/weight cutting don't inspire confidence. just as if someone could have told Elon there's a reason why no production car/truck uses that much stainless steel...

Reactions: T3SLAROD and Genie
It’s hilarious, “Tesla armor glass”

And don’t give me the “SpaceX….” Line….

There is no SpaceX being used in the CT, no matter what the propaganda says lol

It’s time for some of you to come tot the realization that Tesla is like every car company that is looking to cut cost to make profit. All this garbage about the one long wiper, no sensors, stalks, instrument cluster, is not “Innovative”.

It’s hilarious, “Tesla armor glass”

And don’t give me the “SpaceX….” Line….

There is no SpaceX being used in the CT, no matter what the propaganda says lol

It’s time for some of you to come tot the realization that Tesla is like every car company that is looking to cut cost to make profit. All this garbage about the one long wiper, no sensors, stalks, instrument cluster, is not “Innovative”.
Some of that stuff is extremely innovative by definition (vision, instrument cluster, stalks)

It's mostly to reduce cost, yes...absolutely, but still requiring innovation to do so.

1697575359063.png

• Informative
Reactions: Hank42