Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It certainly looks like they‘ve done something to connectivity. I think it’s possibly been a few months now. We’ve never had great coverage at home, but it always used to be ok once we left home (other than blackspots in remote areas, obviously). Now it seems to be very spotty pretty much everywhere. As people have said, it buggers up things like Intelligent Octopus. It’s not very good value for £9.99 pm.

Try and get photos of the occurances, as the service team always ask when (time stamp) and what happened. I find the best is to take the photo as you see the signal strength, issue with connectivity on screen and then obviously gives you the time stamp. My issues normally occur in this order:
1. “Navigating with no traffic information” above the route guidance
2. Map tiles not loading quickly or at all
3. Spotify and other services drop out fully (voice control, browser etc)
4. No app connectivity
5. No loading of destination entry and used “stored data only”.

This is only rectified by a two wheel reset, which works until you start travelling again and the same drop out sequence above happens again.

I’m off to Southampton this morning from the Purbecks (dreaded IKEA trip!) and I have no doubt the connectivity will play up. I will be taking photos and messaging the service team, however I will not allow them to close the ticket until this is resolved and I recommend you do the same. Tesla service centres will have metrics on how many tickets are open and how long they are open to monitor performance. Therefore if they have hundreds of open tickets for the same issue then they can see there is a major issue and will push this issue up higher. If they close it then I will re open it continuously until it is resolved.

What does surprise me about the Poll results is that most of the people experiencing the issues are model 3/y. When I last spoke to the service team at Bournemouth they said this issue was only affecting the model S and X with the older vertical screen, and the model 3/y had a similar issue a while ago but was resolved. That doesn’t seem to be the case at all. It’s actually all their vehicles which is a major issue. Especially for everyone who pays for their premium connectivity.

I have logged a service call this morning. Hopefully if all people with this issue do the same, it will become clear to Tesla this is widepread and which models it affects. I will update when they come back to me. This is brand new Model Y, picked up last week. My M3 did not have these issues.

Reactions: Chrissla
Been off for a while - maybe a few weeks? I am based in central London and there is full 5G 4G and 3G coverage, but car shows ‘No Connectivity’.

My parking is in a -3 basement with no signal. Model 3 has always had no signal when parked at home but immediately picks up when leaving the garage. For the last few weeks, it never connects. Today have been away from home, car parked on street in central London for around four hours, still hasn’t connected.

Finally! Other people reporting the same issue I've had for months that's been driving me crazy. I posted about it earlier here.

So do we think the issue is when moving between different networks? I'm guessing Tesla utilise more than 1 network to give better coverage. FYI this issue is in a 2016 MS with MCU1 and 4G modem.

When I opened the ticket I attached this photos.
After a week someone called me and ask me the time when I did the photos 😳
For me they didn't see the photos!
Or maybe "the lights are on, but no one at home".

Attachments

• 20231212_053417.jpg
    20231212_053417.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 20231211_195747.jpg
    20231211_195747.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 32
  • 20231211_195720.jpg
    20231211_195720.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
Finally! Other people reporting the same issue I've had for months that's been driving me crazy. I posted about it earlier here.

So do we think the issue is when moving between different networks? I'm guessing Tesla utilise more than 1 network to give better coverage. FYI this issue is in a 2016 MS with MCU1 and 4G modem.
I would not be surprised if tesla utilises network in Netherlands (tax reasons) and uses roaming. and then issue with hopping between networks.

Reactions: Cnixon
IMG_0129.jpegSo I did a 100 mile round trip from my place in the Purbecks (Dorset) to the dreaded IKEA with the wife 😳 and my trip was not without issues:

Within 10 miles from home the connectivity dropped out (see photo at time of 09:42.) with no Spotify, map tiles not loading and navigation with no traffic information. two wheel reset was carried out at 0950 which corrected the connect the rest of the journey. We were leaving our destination in Southampton which has very good signal in that area however was very slow loading navigation, wouldn't search for locations, voice search didn't work so ended up using home function but again very slow to load. (11:39 & 11:42) then a few miles down the road connectivity started dropping out (11:48) then by the time we got to Ringwood 22 miles away, no maps loading, no connectivity and no app connectivity (12:06). I was charging so carried out another two wheel reset at 12:08, and worked until a few miles away from home which the traffic information started failing (1:44).

Sent this message to my open ticket and also the email trail with Tesla customer service, doubt I will get a response until the new year now!

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    574.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 28
Same here. Lost all connectivity for half of my last trip. Map broken, routing with no traffic data, especially in the heavy Christmas traffic was a nightmare.
I'm wondering why I'm paying for premium connectivity. Tesla should refund us for the last two months at the very least and offer a fix ASAP__
Shame for a 'connected car' to reveal itself inusable if there is an unreliable network issue.