Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4852.jpeg

I take that back, got a follow up call, fix “planned” by the end of the month.

Reactions: philip295
Mine's getting worse. It now won't wake up and connect when on my drive so Octopus Intelligent isn't working. Never had this before with my old 3. Not sure whether it's a problem with my specific car or whether it's a wider problem and just bad timing.

I take that back, got a follow up call, fix “planned” by the end of the month.
It looks like there is a lot of towers which causes issues.

Imho the problem is with esim/code that it takes too long for car to reconnect to network.

you can have a black spot, especially in rural area. that is expected. It might even be somewhere on motorway. but for few seconds or minute only. once back to coverage car should reconnect, and looks like it checks for connectivity every 5-10 minutes or so only.

I've just sent in my service request this morning just to add to the "noise". Logging with Teslamate and Tessie shows exactly where it cut out and where it came back 40 minutes later, even though we had returned along the route. That rules out any excuse of "it's a few cell towers" since it failed to connect back to the ones that were ok just a few minutes earlier.
Submitted overview of the track logs where there's a straight line connecting the failure and reconnect points. What fails to be logged is the entire rest of the drive and that totally buggers up the stats collected since the car now thinks that it took 18% of SoC to cover 26 miles.
I'll be interested to see if I get fobbed off or a better response.

Is this coming to our cars via a software update? 🫠

If the car radios support the bands it uses (T-Mobile US are saying it'll use their mid-band, so somewhere in the 1ghz-6ghz range), then it could just be enabled without needing new hardware. The telcos that have signed up seem to think it'll work with most existing 4g/5g handsets. Interestingly there is no UK network signed up yet.

Reactions: Js1977
Go into Shortcuts on your iPhone, then Automation. Hit the Plus button.

Pick Bluetooth and then choose your Tesla and have Is Connected selected. Also have it as Run Immediately. Then go to Next.

Hit New Blank Automation and now New Action. Start typing in Personal Hotspot. Pick Set Personal Hotspot, make sure its on Turn On. Hit Done, etc. And that's it.

On the Tesla make sure it can connect to your Hotspot, AKA connect it once with password then just make sure the option to keep WiFi on when driving is set.

That's it, job done.
Well, the iOS Automation works fine, but the car seems to require turning WiFi on manually. I seem to remember this problem from last time i tried to use my phone. Is there some setting I'm missing?

This problem is completely ruining the experience of the new Y for me. Every journey there's drop outs, sometimes for so long I resort to trying a reboot, which sometimes works but often doesn't. But what's worse is that I can't rely on it working when it's parked on my drive so Octopus Intelligent charge scheduling isn't working reliably. What the hell is going on with this?

"Recently we've heard feedback from some Tesla Owners regarding ongoing network issues with Tesla Connectivity and signal dropping. This is limited to a subset of certain vehicles only when passing through specific cellular towers from our service provider. We have escalated this to a senior level with our service provider and expect this to be resolved by the end of the month.This is not the level of service we aim to provide to Tesla Owners, though we are limited by our service providers in this instance. We will be reviewing issues on a case by case basis and we will discuss options with our most affected users, including refunds as a goodwill gesture to those who are negatively affected severely.We have changed our escalations process for this and made all virtual support teams aware of our updated process. We advise Tesla Owners to create a service request if they notice issues with their car. Our Virtual Service team will log this, though they may close the ticket as part of their workflow but please note this is still registered by us and part of the process. We will update you when we are comfortable that the issue has been resolved completely with our service provider."
Definitely worth logging a service request. I want at least 2 months refund on premium connectivity for this. Between this, the abandoning of RHD S/X, and the stupid stupid stupid removal of USS, its clear Tesla do not give a damn about UK buyers. About time we let them know how abysmally UK owners feel treated.