Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YES, but then app connects to the car via data connection. wifi or celular.

and in my experience, it is slow on wifi and normal on celular.

problem is that now you cannot permanently disable wifi in the settings. it is re-enabled with every drive...
Ah, that explains why I can't see any setting for it!

I think also that if you have Premium Connectivity and can connect to LTE at startup then it leaves WiFi off - so it means that if you then experience drops outs, to fall back to Hotspot still requires manual intervention.

Ah, that explains why I can't see any setting for it!

I think also that if you have Premium Connectivity and can connect to LTE at startup then it leaves WiFi off - so it means that if you then experience drops outs, to fall back to Hotspot still requires manual intervention.
it does not leave off on LTE. I have the premium and wifi is ON by default

I've now had my service response. Not sure how advising a scroll wheel reset in the middle of a drive is a sensible temporary fix given it would wipe out my speedo...

Screenshot_2024-01-09-15-53-51-43.jpg

I was away at the end of December - when I got back my phone app was not connecting to the car. It would connect when I opened the car but within an hour of leaving the car it would have disconnected and was not able to reconnect. At the same time my scheduled charging has stopped working - I have Octopus and my off peak rates start at 23:30 so I set my scheduled charger in the car to start charging at this time. This no longer works which is a huge pain. I contacted Tesla and they talked about the EE connectivity issue and think this may be the cause but tbh they were pretty clueless.

Aww, it's only a speedo, and only for a few mins. Next thing you'll be wanting is indicator stalks!
Do you think the police will buy this as an excuse when pulled for speeding? Just reboot it as they walk up :)

"Sorry officer it felt like I was going 70mph and not 130mph. Was just on my way to Tesla to see if they can fix my car as the Speedo and computer is broken so cannot see my real speed."

Reactions: The_Kilt
I spoke with Tesla this morning after 3 weeks of no connectivity. They advised me that they are facing major issues with their network provider EE/O2 who are in the process of upgrading their tariffs to 5G. This is effecting thousands of UK customers as the new tariffs are not connecting to cars!! I got the distinct impression they had no idea when this would be resolved. I asked how they plan to compensate customers paying for premium connectivity I was told we haven’t been advised! My guess is this is an apple moment, Tesla are hoping this will blow over without it becoming mainstream news! I have cancelled my premium connectivity, I suggest if you are suffering to do the same, the more people that cancel their subscription (which can be turned back on) will result in millions of lost monthly revenue which will only encourage Tesla to get this resolved quickly! This is clearly not an isolated issue!

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
I spoke with Tesla this morning after 3 weeks of no connectivity. They advised me that they are facing major issues with their network provider EE/O2 who are in the process of upgrading their tariffs to 5G. This is effecting thousands of UK customers as the new tariffs are not connecting to cars!! I got the distinct impression they had no idea when this would be resolved. I asked how they plan to compensate customers paying for premium connectivity I was told we haven’t been advised! My guess is this is an apple moment, Tesla are hoping this will blow over without it becoming mainstream news! I have cancelled my premium connectivity, I suggest if you are suffering to do the same, the more people that cancel their subscription (which can be turned back on) will result in millions of lost monthly revenue which will only encourage Tesla to get this resolved quickly! This is clearly not an isolated issue!
For the sake of clarification, have you experienced three entire weeks with no connectivity at all, or some black spots for a couple hours during that time?

I am quite annoyed by the spotty connectivity as well, but for now, it still works more times than it doesn't, depending on where I drive to and when.
This is definitely not ideal and I am not happy with the situation, but I'm weak as cancelling would leave me without Spotify, traffic and remote camera view, the 3 of which I use frequently, when it does work...

I guess it's one of these situations where we need to sit tight, complain, eventually, and hope for some kind of goodwill gesture at some point (preferably not one in the form of a middle finger...)

I raised a service request with Tesla. They're trying to charge me a £99 diagnosis fee! Anyone else had that?
I would seriously tell them to go **** themselves if they did that to me. They are asking me for screenhots and timestamps. I've told them not to insult my intelligence and that everyone in the UK knows its a problem. Also told them what I think of their attitude when it comes to USS, no RHD, still no FSD, and how they are losing goodwill.
They need a serious kick in the nads to get them to appreciate that customer service actually bloody matters....

Received a call from my local Tesla SC today...a bit of progress but doesnt sound too promising for me. Apparently there are two issues:

1. EE service, expecially in the shouther regions of the UK are to blame for most of the connectivity issues. Apparently this will be resolved by the end of this month (I wont hold my breath!)

2. The firmware with the older cars (like my 2018 MS) is another issue, which there is currently no expected date. So by the end of the month when the EE connectivity issues are resolved, i may still have this firmware issue and so will many others with similar older cars. And where this is only with older cars, tesla are obviously not as concerns and is not at the top of their list to resolve...

Another service request will be raised promptly at the end of the month if i am facing the same issues.

Reactions: philip295